June 9th. Fish verses Buccos #2. If anyone cares....

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Bottom of the 4th. Glasnow pitching a gem. Only down by 5. 7-2.

First Friday after school. Pittsburgh not terribly interested. Just a year ago this place would be mostly full, jolly Rodgers flying, excitement. I don't see a single flag. Maybe half full. For the 1st time an usher was willing to tell me how sad and discouraged this all is.

Actually, the "right" thing is happening. Baseball ultimately will not reward the team or organization that isn't willing to do its best. People in Pittsburgh were embracing this team. So many players we could look up to. The Shark Tank ready to close down any game. Local kid at 2nd. "Z"s being flashed all around the stadium. A pitcher that would stare down the other teams dugout. Nutting on TV smiling for the deserved respect and appreciation he was receiving. And on and on.

Now a team with no personality and questionable character. The Shark Tank is full of dead fish. No Z's, fewer kids, no flags, no chance.

Didn't have to be this way. Really sad. Really really sad....
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Yes, but plenty of financial flexibility.
rucker59@gmail.com

143934252233246467560 wrote: Yes, but plenty of financial flexibility.

I hear they were going to hang a banner about being #1 in the FF metric, but it cost too much...
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

072A27363120377774450 wrote: Yes, but plenty of financial flexibility.

regardless of whether you think NH and Clint are doing good or bad jobs this is the type of season that costs people jobs.

If the team struggles all season and ends up with 75 wins or less I think both will be gone. 

Nutting won't raise payroll but will say he is doing something by changing decision makers.  He appreciates the turnaround they made in organization but it is time for someone else to take the team to the next level.

Need to do something to stimulate ticket sales for 2018.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

111600080611565A23040E020A0F4D000C0E630 wrote: Yes, but plenty of financial flexibility.

I hear they were going to hang a banner about being #1 in the FF metric, but it cost too much...
LOL. Yeah, I heard they would only pay for one F.
rucker59@gmail.com

557372657363100 wrote: Yes, but plenty of financial flexibility.

regardless of whether you think NH and Clint are doing good or bad jobs this is the type of season that costs people jobs.

If the team struggles all season and ends up with 75 wins or less I think both will be gone. 

Nutting won't raise payroll but will say he is doing something by changing decision makers.  He appreciates the turnaround they made in organization but it is time for someone else to take the team to the next level.

I also agree Neal and Clint will be sacrificed.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

705657405646350 wrote: Yes, but plenty of financial flexibility.

I think NH is safe. I think it all comes down to "spin" for Nutting. He can blame Hurdle for losing. But if he blames NH, he's saying he was wrong about hiring TBMTIB and has to start over with another rebuilding. He probably also realizes he may not find a better GM at putting a team together on a shoestring budget. I believe NH's off season failures are largely due to the financial constraints imposed on him. That won't change with a new GM. And since it seems the team will always be put together cheaply, it requires a manager clever enough to get the absolute most out of his roster. Hurdle, with his concrete thinking, adherence to formulas and poor game management is not that manager. But then, I'm not sure who is.    
rucker59@gmail.com

Somebody hits a 2 run HR off of a no-name pitcher on the mound for the pirates.

11-4.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3B3C2A222C3B7C70092E24282025672A2624490 wrote: Somebody hits a 2 run HR off of a no-name pitcher on the mound for the pirates. 

11-4.
Last night they only lost by 6. That's shaping up to be the best game of the series. :'( Just not an enjoyable team to watch.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

2522343C3225626E17303A363E3B7934383A570 wrote: Somebody hits a 2 run HR off of a no-name pitcher on the mound for the pirates. 

11-4.

Looking forward to see how high we pick in 2018. Maybe top 5 ?