Weird media today

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Tintin

Weird media today

Post by Tintin »

What was up with the play by play vs analysts today?
fjk090852-7

Weird media today

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appeared that Roots Sports wanted to have some fun with the guys. Brown and Block on the radio side had their booth decorated like a party atmosphere. It was different, but I think there are times during spring training when the broadcast can be a little lighthearted.
DemDog

Weird media today

Post by DemDog »

I thought that was cool on the radio side with the beach party duds and decorations.  Of course the analysts were pretty blah in their standard Bucco golf shirts.

Have to say the game was exciting from either perspective.

But nothing takes the cake like the game Bob Prince did at 3Rivers with his babushka ladies. He took advantage of the Polish and Eastern European population of Pittsburgh at the time and he had an official babushka and had the ladies wearing them to the game for good luck. And the Gunner being the Gunner he did a game from RF with the Babuska Brigade. It was hilarious.
Bobster21

Weird media today

Post by Bobster21 »

1F3E361F343C5B0 wrote: I thought that was cool on the radio side with the beach party duds and decorations.  Of course the analysts were pretty blah in their standard Bucco golf shirts.

But nothing takes the cake like the game Bob Prince did at 3Rivers with his babushka ladies.  He took advantage of the Polish and Eastern European population of Pittsburgh at the time and he had an official babushka and had the ladies wearing them to the game for good luck.  And the Gunner being the Gunner he did a game from RF with the Babuska Brigade.  It was hilarious.
Bubushka Power! And the Green Wienie!
DemDog

Weird media today

Post by DemDog »

7D505D4C4B5A4D0D0E3F0 wrote: I thought that was cool on the radio side with the beach party duds and decorations.  Of course the analysts were pretty blah in their standard Bucco golf shirts.

But nothing takes the cake like the game Bob Prince did at 3Rivers with his babushka ladies.  He took advantage of the Polish and Eastern European population of Pittsburgh at the time and he had an official babushka and had the ladies wearing them to the game for good luck.  And the Gunner being the Gunner he did a game from RF with the Babuska Brigade.  It was hilarious.
Bubushka Power! And the Green Wienie!

Oh how could I forget the Green Wienie! :-/ Then there was Long Ball Fan Nite. I was there sitting in Sec 9 at Forbes Field. The had these big paper fans that had a Heinz Pickle logo on them and the idea was to wave the fans when Pirates player were batting. It was against the Dodgers and Don Drysdale was on the mound for the Dodgers. After the first inning the Dodgers complained that the fans waving the fans were distracting to the pitcher and the OF when they went after a fly ball. An announcement was made by the great PA Annouoncer Art McKennan for the fans to quit using the fans. What happened next was hilarious. The fans in disgust began to hurl their long ball fans onto the field requiring a lengthy time for clean up of the souvenirs.
Bobster21

Weird media today

Post by Bobster21 »

DemDog

Weird media today

Post by DemDog »

Geez Bobster, you are breaking my heart. Cant find my long ball fan and now my Green Weenie. Most likely long gone after 3 moves to another home and marriage. But Mrs Possum just brought out a Green Weenie bean bag souvenir that I am sure is much more recent than the originals.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Weird media today

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I still have my Green Weenie. It was brought back in 1990. I think it was a give-a-way. I remember taking it to the 1990 Game Six Playoff game against the Reds.
johnfluharty

Weird media today

Post by johnfluharty »

0D2C240D262E490 wrote: 3 moves to another home and marriage.

LOL. You make it sound like each time you moved you got a new wife. ;D
DemDog

Weird media today

Post by DemDog »

4A4F484E464C554841525459200 wrote: 3 moves to another home and marriage.

LOL.  You make it sound like each time you moved you got a new wife.   ;D

Geez, I am going to delete that thread for sure! ;D I meant that as a kid we lived in 2 different houses as my parents became more upward mobile through my dad's hard work. And then since getting married to the same wonderful gal I live with now (45+ yrs) we have lived in 2 homes. So that make like 3 moves for for me. Please everyone don't mention my screw up to her! Pretty Please.