Interesting Dodger rumblings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

On the MLB site and on local radio here in SoCal there has been talk of a McCutchen/Harrison package coming to the Dodgers. Apparently the Dodgers were rebuffed in their attempt to get Dozier from the Twins. Names brought up going to the Pirates were Puig, DeLeon, and Alex Verdugo. Puig is under contract through 2019 at an average of about 8 mil per season. DeLeon and Verdugo are the Dodgers #2 and #3 prospects. I'm thinking this is more attractive than giving up our top prospects for Quintana. It also gives the Bucs even more of the coveted "financial flexibility". Would you do this trade?
RichD

Post by RichD »

In a jiffy....No way in hell LAD offers that . 

Some team is going to be real happy with getting /taking a chance on Puig for the next 2 or 3 years.

Pirates dont have the stones
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

That is interesting.

Puig can be a nice player if he ever got his head on straight. I like DeLeon. DeLeon could battle for a rotation spot. According to stats, Verdugo had a nice year in Double A. But is he needed with Meadows?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

67424141547F424A485F2D0 wrote: On the MLB site and on local radio here in SoCal there has been talk of a McCutchen/Harrison package coming to the Dodgers. Apparently the Dodgers were rebuffed in their attempt to get Dozier from the Twins. Names brought up going to the Pirates were Puig, DeLeon, and Alex Verdugo. Puig is under contract through 2019 at an average of about 8 mil per season. DeLeon and Verdugo are the Dodgers #2 and #3 prospects. I'm thinking this is more attractive than giving up our top prospects for Quintana. It also gives the Bucs even more of the coveted "financial flexibility". Would you do this trade?

if the Bucs make this deal with Dodgers I could see them still going for Quintana.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

4A717B705C180 wrote: In a jiffy....No way in hell LAD offers that . 

Some team is going to be real happy with getting /taking a chance on  Puig for the next 2 or 3 years.

Pirates dont have the stones

I agree with this. No way Dodgers are offering that. No way. This is a deal Littlefield would offer if he were running the LAD.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Maybe Harrison for Puig ?

Puig can take Cutch spot after he is traded to ???? .

Puig / Marte / Polanco for 2017.

I could live with that .

notes34

Post by notes34 »

040F070B0E0F145157201901080F0F4E030F600 wrote: That is interesting.

Puig can be a nice player if he ever got his head on straight. I like DeLeon. DeLeon could battle for a rotation spot. According to stats, Verdugo had a nice year in Double A. But is he needed with Meadows?Meadows may not be here?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

79786372642423170 wrote: That is interesting.

Puig can be a nice player if he ever got his head on straight. I like DeLeon. DeLeon could battle for a rotation spot. According to stats, Verdugo had a nice year in Double A. But is he needed with Meadows?Meadows may not be here?

Dog has found a way to clone guys like Meadows so he will be here even if he is traded in another deal! ;D
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Not a fan of Puig and his immaturity. Love his talent, if his head is on straight. Would I do this? Not sure to be honest and its soley because of Puig.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Why Puig is talented, too much of a headcase. Have a buddy that lives in LaLa Land... Said the Dodgers want to be rid of Puig very badly....I would pass on Puig.

Beat'em Bucs