Hill Pitching a Pefect Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PMike

Post by PMike »

6B4D4C5B4D5D2E0 wrote: I think Cliff Lee was the last starter to go into the 10 inning. Antonio Bastardo got the loss for Lee giving up one run.

Hill should have gone until he gave up a hit or if he asked to come out. I'm surprised people think he shouldn't have started the 10th. His pitch count was under 100 and has a great offense to get him a run at any moment.

I agree, had no problem with him going out for tenth inning.  He was cruising and in complete control. 

Did JHay say anything about looking for a particular pitch or a pitch in a particular spot?  His power surge has been impressive this year.

I thought he was looking a little gassed in the 9th. That said, there is NO WAY any sane person would pull him out with under 100 pitches unless he asked to be pulled.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

001D393B35500 wrote: I think Cliff Lee was the last starter to go into the 10 inning. Antonio Bastardo got the loss for Lee giving up one run.

Hill should have gone until he gave up a hit or if he asked to come out. I'm surprised people think he shouldn't have started the 10th. His pitch count was under 100 and has a great offense to get him a run at any moment.

I agree, had no problem with him going out for tenth inning.  He was cruising and in complete control. 

Did JHay say anything about looking for a particular pitch or a pitch in a particular spot?  His power surge has been impressive this year.

I thought he was looking a little gassed in the 9th.  That said, there is NO WAY any sane person would pull him out with under 100 pitches unless he asked to be pulled.

So Clint would have taken him out? ;D
PMike

Post by PMike »

002627302636450 wrote: I think Cliff Lee was the last starter to go into the 10 inning. Antonio Bastardo got the loss for Lee giving up one run.

I thought he was looking a little gassed in the 9th.  That said, there is NO WAY any sane person would pull him out with under 100 pitches unless he asked to be pulled.

So Clint would have taken him out?   ;D

Lol! Definitely!