What bothers me the most

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

What bothers me the most

Post by dmetz »

I think paying SRod what he's being paid makes perfect, good sense.   Love that trade.

Conner Joe is a nobody prospect that was a very bad pick.    SRod, imo, is one of the premier utility players in the game.

it was a great trade and his salary of 5.5 per isn't too much compared to the value he brings as a top utility player.

When you pay $150-200 for a good push mower, and you need a good mower, you've got a good deal and made a nice purchase.    But if you've paid $150-200 for a good mower and your gameplan is to pick that good mower up and trim hedges with it too, (in lieu of acquiring a starting 3b next year), you're doing it all wrong! lol

rucker59@gmail.com

What bothers me the most

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

012726312737440 wrote: I get that, but can't you say the same about the Cardinals, Cubs, and Brewers?  Even the Reds?
3 of those teams are at least 4 games ahead of the Bucs. All 3 of those teams are better then the Pirates too. I would look to love Marte if I'm the Pirates he looks like he is totally disinterested and completely out of it.

who thought in September of 2015 that the Bucs would be where they are now?  I certainly didn't.

Great point. And what has nutting and the FO done to improve the team since 2015? Who could have guessed there was a correlation between the two?
rucker59@gmail.com

What bothers me the most

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

44465C5A4C290 wrote: Granderson, incidentally, was traded to the Dodgers for cash and a player to be named later. No idea why the Dodgers think they need another outfielder, except as maybe another veteran bat off the bench.

What a waste of $$$. They're going to win over a 100 games. That's more than the 98 the Pirates won in 2015! And we've been told over and over that 98 is "good enough"....

Sheezzz, what a poorly run organization, those Dodgers.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

What bothers me the most

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Dodgers should be there every year with their budget. Sadly, they are not. They haven't won the World Series since 1988.

I would be happy making the playoffs six times in the last 11 years, but I would be pretty disappointed in never advancing to the World Series, especially with their payroll.

I think they only dropped out of the top five in payroll once since 2007. They are a perfect example of how they are wasting money as teams are doing just as well and winning World Series with a much, much lower payroll. If they win this year, it will be all worth it.

(in millions)

2017 - $240

2016 - $223

2015 - $272

2014 - $235

2013 - $216

2012 - $154

2011 - $138

2010 - $105

2009 - $113

2008 - $118

2007 - $108
IABucFan

What bothers me the most

Post by IABucFan »

But yet I read the Dodgers had a number of scouts in Japan over the weekend to watch Shoei Otani. Imagine that team if they sign him. They might win 130 games. Dead serious.
mouse

What bothers me the most

Post by mouse »

I read some of the comments from Dodgers' fans on mlbtr.com at the trade deadline. The commenters were complaining loudly about what the Dodgers were doing/not doing at the deadline and calling for their GM to get fired if they don't win the World Series. Their thought was that he had a small market mentality and wasn't up to the job of handling a big-market team. This may be why GMs don't pay too much attention to fans.