Wed August 16 game Thread - At Milwaulkee

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1634273A393C3B34172036363A550 wrote: GERRIT COLE FRUSTRATES ME TO NO END.

Pirates actually score some runs, take a 4-0 lead, so OF COURSE Cole walks back out and does what Cole does ... give up home runs.

So instead of shutting them down and getting a comfortable, solid win, now it's basically a toss-up again.

The Pirates will not win this game. I can already feel it.

You got what you wanted. Except, Cole left the game with the lead. No decision for Cole.

I will still pay. Message me your address if you want the $20.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nail in the coffin pretty much for the season for me this loss today. Absolutely a brutal game to lose and a lot of it is Cole's fault.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6269616D6869723731467F676E6969286569060 wrote: GERRIT COLE FRUSTRATES ME TO NO END.

Pirates actually score some runs, take a 4-0 lead, so OF COURSE Cole walks back out and does what Cole does ... give up home runs.

So instead of shutting them down and getting a comfortable, solid win, now it's basically a toss-up again.

You got what you wanted.  Except, Cole left the game with the lead.  No decision for Cole.

I will still pay.  Message me your address if you want the $20. Yep it's Carolina Buccos fault the Pirates lost today cause he had a bad feeling all along. Had nothing to do with Cole he was awesome today even though he gave up 3 homeruns and blew a 4 run lead.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

56716064617C43776061617C050 wrote: Nail in the coffin pretty much for the season for me this loss today. Absolutely a brutal game to lose and a lot of it is Cole's fault.
Agreed

Unless the Bucs sweep the Cards it's wait till next year.

C-YA
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

4542545C5245020E77505A565E5B1954585A370 wrote: You know I've not posted here for some time and my thoughts are why am I a fan?

They tease with some wins and as soon as they get to .500 back to their losing ways. This year has been even worse than last year and I doubt it gets any better.

Preach on.  Anyone that defends this team, the FO or Cole specifically lives in a fantasy land.

It's not going to get any better with this FO and Hurdle as manager. So unless they get rid of Hurdle they're not serious and I won't be spending much time watching this clown show this year or until he is gone.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

4F444C4045445F1A1C6B524A4344440548442B0 wrote: GERRIT COLE FRUSTRATES ME TO NO END.

You got what you wanted.  Except, Cole left the game with the lead.  No decision for Cole.

I will still pay.  Message me your address if you want the $20.

You would. I wouldn't. He is not an ace. Don't kid yourself. 4 earned in six innings and giving up three fingers isn't a quality effort.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Thursday's game will be the 10th time this season we went into the final game of a series hoping to avoid being swept.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Cubs winning right now. If they get a 5 1/2 lead it may be time to stick a fork into this season.

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Been out of the loop for a few hours but still fuming over this game.

And, as usual with the Pirates, there is a lots of blame to go around.

But to me this is one squarely, unquestionably on Cole.

I realize we argue endlessly on here whether Cole is or is not an actual "ace." It's a valid discussion.

But regardless, he is SUPPOSED to be this team's ace, and when he's handed a 4-0 lead he has got to be good enough to lock it down and deliver a routine, drama-free win.

As soon as he gave up the homers today and score quickly became 4-3, the result was inevitable.

The Pirates did what the Pirates do ... which is FIND A WAY to blow it. This team, the way it's going right now, is not going to win a back-and-forth game against a team with a lot of offensive firepower.

And speaking of that, are the Pirates still allowed to hit home runs like everyone else, or did the MLB restrict them from doing that?

It's basically over at this point, barring a sweep of the Cards to get back to .500. And that ain't happening vs. Wainwright, Martinez & Co. And against a Cardinals team that always seems to get the timely hit and make the timely play against the Pirates, who can't seem to do either.