Pirates v. Bluejays - game 1

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

53747F5C110 wrote: Beat Strohman in Toronto to start the series?

I'll take that!

Yep. This one is huge. Plus The Brewers are getting destroyed.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Cutch has patellar tendon discomfort. That really doesn't help much.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6E6B6C6A6268716C6576707D040 wrote: Cutch has patellar tendon discomfort.  That really doesn't help much. 

that means sore knee.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Cutch just tweeted out that he's good. I can't do it guys...I've tried giving up the Pirates. I've consciously not watched them since whenever it was I had my rant. I've tried rooting for the Cards and the Astros. Just can't do it. It's like this blasted team gets in your blood.

Not gonna lie...doing office work at home on my desktop, and have Brave/Cards, Reds/Brewers, and D-Backs/Cubs all on on my laptop.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This was a good win.

McCutchen is ok. Taillon pitched well. Took advantage of the Blue Jays mistakes.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

1. Another big, big win.

2. Kontos has been a life-saver. Brilliant pick-up. Great move by NH.

3. Speaking of NH, I refuse to believe he can't trade a B or C-level prospect and get an average, decent, proven major league outfielder in return. Just someone who can handle the position defensively and hit .250. That trade has to be out there somewhere and it needs to be made. Something is ALWAYS wrong with 1 of our 3 outfielders and we need another one on the roster.

4. Alert for tomorrow: Toronto is bringing up some guy to make his major league debut on the mound. If my memory is correct, the Pirates don't have a great track record against middle of the road prospects called up to make their debuts.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cubs win in Arizona tonight, the Cards win their 7th game in a row, and the Brewers lose again. The Pirates are now tied with the Brewers for 3rd place and remain 3 games back and are back at .500 with this win tonight.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7D7576415772555A340 wrote: Cutch just tweeted out that he's good.  I can't do it guys...I've tried giving up the Pirates.  I've consciously not watched them since whenever it was I had my rant.  I've tried rooting for the Cards and the Astros.  Just can't do it.  It's like this blasted team gets in your blood.

Not gonna lie...doing office work at home on my desktop, and have Brave/Cards, Reds/Brewers, and D-Backs/Cubs all on on my laptop.

We saved your place, here on the Good Ship Misery! :D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1D3F2C313237303F1C2B3D3D315E0 wrote: 1. Another big, big win.

3. Speaking of NH, I refuse to believe he can't trade a B or C-level prospect and get an average, decent, proven major league outfielder in return. Just someone who can handle the position defensively and hit .250. That trade has to be out there somewhere and it needs to be made. Something is ALWAYS wrong with 1 of our 3 outfielders and we need another one on the roster.

4. Alert for tomorrow: Toronto is bringing up some guy to make his major league debut on the mound. If my memory is correct, the Pirates don't have a great track record against middle of the road prospects called up to make their debuts.

#3. The Pirates got Sean Rodriguez. He is batting .308.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: 1. Another big, big win.

#3. The Pirates got Sean Rodriguez. He is batting .308.

#5 John Jaso is still on the roster. He's batting. 214 is defensively inept outside of 1b. and still getting regular playing time, even starts occassionally.