5/9 Game Thread - Nova vs Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I thought it was a tough play in right by Polanco. I don't blame him, glad he kept it in front of him and got some glove on it. Then of course, a slow roller gets through.

Mercer might have had play of the year by a SS. He could be really something if he could hit .280.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Hudson needs to go. I really liked that signing too. What happened to him?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Pirates snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. More amateur plays allow Dodgers to tie game in 9th then win in 10.

Passed balls. Polanco running around in circles. Watson trying to throw a ball into center field. There really aren't any words to describe this teams horrible play.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison probably gets that slow roller in the 9th. The defense is bad, but I feel the wrong guys are playing the wrong positions.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: Hudson needs to go. I really liked that signing too. What happened to him? That's the problem he isn't going anywhere. The Pirates signed him to a 2 year 11 million dollar contract and he is scheduled to make 5.5 million this year and next with 1.5 incentive bonus. He isn't going anywhere. He is going to continue to be average to below average at best and be more of a liability to the Pirates then a solid contributor.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6265737B7562252950777D71797C3E737F7D100 wrote: Pirates snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  More amateur plays allow Dodgers to tie game in 9th then win in 10. 

Passed balls.  Polanco running around in circles.  Watson trying to throw a ball into center field.  There really aren't any words to describe this teams horrible play. Now 14-19 on the year and solidly in last place in this division. Not going to get any easier the next 8 games or so with the Dbacks and Nats coming up next. The Pirates could easily be 10 games under .500 come next week this time if they aren't careful. I'll keep saying it this team stinks and will be lucky to win 75 games. I'm tired of people saying "Well they are still only 3 or 4 games out of 1st place". That might be true now but it's not going to last believe me. Once teams like the Cubs and Cards get rolling this team will most likely be somewhere between 10-15 games out of 1st place by mid June and probably around 6-10 out of the 2nd wildcard even. They aren't a good baseball team.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

3F382E26283F78740D2A202C2421632E22204D0 wrote: Pirates snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  More amateur plays allow Dodgers to tie game in 9th then win in 10. 

Passed balls.  Polanco running around in circles.  Watson trying to throw a ball into center field.  There really aren't any words to describe this teams horrible play.

It was misplays by the dodgers that handed us the tie in the first place though.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

58535B575253480D0B7C455D545353125F533C0 wrote: Harrison probably gets that slow roller in the 9th. The defense is bad, but I feel the wrong guys are playing the wrong positions.

How about we just don't have the roster to be that good. It's not about guys playing in the wrong position. We didn't take care of our needs in the offseason, hence these results. You can't forsee Taillon going down, or maybe the Marte thing, but they didn't go after and solve true needs.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4E4B4C4A4248514C4556505D240 wrote: Pirates snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  More amateur plays allow Dodgers to tie game in 9th then win in 10. 

Passed balls.  Polanco running around in circles.  Watson trying to throw a ball into center field.  There really aren't any words to describe this teams horrible play.

It was misplays by the dodgers that handed us the tie in the first place though.

True. But ultimately when it comes to misplays we are better then the Dodgers. And we do it with half the salary! :D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I don't get the shuffling around on defense. I am glad Polanco was moved back to RF. I don't get moving a potential gold glover at 2B to make room for a bench player, but not move others (Bell) either.

Just put guys in the right position. They could have stole that game after only getting four hits. Unlucky hits in the 9th, but they happen. Oh well, it would have been a good game to steal. The Pirates didn't hit and scored a misplay ball by the Dodgers kept them in the game.