6/23/17 The climb to 3rd place starts tonight

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Freeze comes though with a two out RBI single!

3-3
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Clint's double switch worked tonight!
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

another first game series win. Need to go for win tomorrow too. Time for offense to get back on track.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Wow. What a win. Stunning. I'm so programmed to lose close games in STL that the entire game I was preparing myself for another torturous loss.

And what do you know ... the Buccos not only win but they come from behind, get the clutch hits and steal one by 1 run on the road against the hated Redbirds.

And every other team in the NL Central went down.

Rivero is good.

Hudson is bad.

Jaso has been outstanding -- and clutch -- at the plate for about a solid month now.

Good night for Taillon, too.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Need to win tonight's game now with Cole on the mound. It will guarantee you a winning roadtrip with at worst a 4-3 record and set the Pirates up for some games at home next week with the Rays and Giants where they have a decent chance of winning a few series. Need to start knocking off maybe 4, 5 or 6 games in a row here soon if you're the Bucs.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Shocked to wake up and find they had won. Clutch shot by Jaso. Good use of pen by Hurdle. Can't blame him for using Hudson in the 7th. Somebody had to pitch. Nicasio was a good choice for the 8th but seemed on the verge of losing the game. Nice to see Rivero got 5 outs. Altho Hudson has only been scored on in 4 of his last 18 outings, he's also given up a HR in each of his last two and 3 of his last 7. Not good when you only pitch 1 inning or less.

What was up with Polanco last night? Announcers thought he was hurt when he jogged to 1B on a slow roller that he might have otherwise beaten out. Afterwards, he made catches in RF that showed he wasn't hurt. No excuse for trotting up the baseline on what could have been an infield hit.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

That was a close one

I guess Wainwright got super pumped enough to face the Bucs so he threw a 2 hitter through 7

Rivero is gonna make a lot of money when he hits the free agent market even if he is no where close to being as dominate as he has been
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

664B46575041561615240 wrote: Shocked to wake up and find they had won. Clutch shot by Jaso. Good use of pen by Hurdle. Can't blame him for using Hudson in the 7th. Somebody had to pitch. Nicasio was a good choice for the 8th but seemed on the verge of losing the game. Nice to see Rivero got 5 outs. Altho Hudson has only been scored on in 4 of his last 18 outings, he's also given up a HR in each of his last two and 3 of his last 7. Not good when you only pitch 1 inning or less.

What was up with Polanco last night? Announcers thought he was hurt when he jogged to 1B on a slow roller that he might have otherwise beaten out. Afterwards, he made catches in RF that showed he wasn't hurt. No excuse for trotting up the baseline on what could have been an infield hit.

Polanco is infected with Attitudeitus. Symptoms include failure to hustle and often falling down in Right Field.

It was believed this disease had been eradicated throughout the developing world of Western Pennsylvania. Scientific and medical community, along with casual citizens, are alarmed by this development, concerned this is the beginning of a new and significant outbreak. Isolated incidents are relatively easy to cure - strict quarantine of the infected person, preventing any possible contact with others. However, an outbreak is virtually impossible to stop once put in motion. There is grave concern that Polanco has been infected from within, raising the risk of a pandemic within the region. Failure to move quickly to quarantine the disease can easily have deadly consequences.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I didn't see the infield hit, but to me Polanco isn't running very well. I think he is still hurt or at least hurting. I can see him picking and choosing when to sprint.

When was the last time he attempted a stolen base?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: I didn't see the infield hit, but to me Polanco isn't running very well. I think he is still hurt or at least hurting. I can see him picking and choosing when to sprint.

When was the last time he attempted a stolen base?

It was later in the game when he grounded to 2nb with believe it or not the 3b fielded the ball and the pitcher covered 1B. The pitcher beat Polanco to the bag by a bunch. At that point Wehner and his partner said that Polanco was running like he was hurt. And on the replay it sure looked like that to me too.