9/18 vs Brewers. Can it get any more exciting?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

As he's demonstrated numerous times, Polanco advanced thru all levels of baseball on great talent with no clue as to how the game is played. And our wonderful manager who has never been able to teach Polanco how to play baseball just got a 4 year extension to chew gum while other players fail to learn the game. With luck, maybe Polanco will be packaged as a bribe for another team to pick up the salary of Nova or Cervelli or the popcorn vendor. If I was the mgr I would sit Polanco down and carefully explain to him why this would be his last start of the season. But then again I probably wouldn't get the 4 year extension.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Brewers players were actually laughing at how stupid Polanco's game ending idiocy was. It's bad enough the team's ownership/management is a complete embarrassment. But when a player can't even run the bases without causing laughter, it's time to lower the hammer. Unless of course all that matters is the profit margin.

Maybe it's time to give Polanco an IQ test. Baseball requires a lot of thought. Polanco seems to be in over his head.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I didn't see the Diaz TOOTBLAN but apparently the stupidity of the Pirates is not limited to Polanco. These are things that should be learned in Little League. If the mgr and coaches are provided with morons, it's their job to teach the idiots how to play baseball.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0D202D3C3B2A3D7D7E4F0 wrote: I didn't see the Diaz TOOTBLAN but apparently the stupidity of the Pirates is not limited to Polanco. These are things that should be learned in Little League. If the mgr and coaches are provided with morons, it's their job to teach the idiots how to play baseball.

Oh yeah, Diaz fit right in with the Best of the Pirate Bloopers. he was thrown out at 3rd trying to stretch a double. It wasn't close. I honestly think he would have kept running for home if for some reason the Brewers would have "played along" - instead of throwing to 3rd, they would instead throw to the catcher who would be standing there holding the ball for the Pirate Player (Diaz in this case) to run into. It's great fun! If only the Brewers had played along.

I left after the Diaz beauty. I can't wait to watch Polanco on the replay. I can't imagine what exciting Tom-foolery he was caught up in this time as the Pirates once again play the role of the hapless Washington Generals!
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Are now 10-25 in their last 35, lost 11 of 12, scored 22 runs in those last 12 games with 7 coming in the 1 win they had. 4 more years...4 more years...
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This team was rolling, back to 58-58, on the morning of the 2nd game in the Toronto series. We were 3 games out of 1st place I believe. I remember feeling good that morning and so excited to settle in that afternoon for the 1 p.m. game.

Since then, complete disaster. A 10-25 embarrassment to the finish line.
mouse

Post by mouse »

On the other hand, they are right at the edge of the top ten in draft order.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

4A7A766D6D707754786A6A190 wrote: Are now 10-25 in their last 35, lost 11 of 12, scored 22 runs in those last 12 games with 7 coming in the 1 win they had. 4 more years...4 more years...
It's just sickening how far this team has fallen. I stopped watching. That is the first step. Hopefully I will eventually be able to just walk away. What a total embarrassment this management team and owner are.
BenM

Post by BenM »

How did our baserunning get worse after we fired Rick Sofield?
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I sort of watched the game on fast forward speed.

The Diaz baserunning error was inexcusable. He gets a nice hit down the RF line that was a sure double. But, for the second time this season he thought he was Billy Hamilton rather than a slow footed catcher and inexplicably tried to stretch a sure double into a triple. He never once looked at the 3rd base coach and it didn't appear that he even looked over his shoulder to see where the ball was (it was in the second baseman's glove as he rounded the bag) he just ran with his head down. As noted, happened earlier this season as well, but last time was not quite as bad as this time.

Polanco. Gregory, there were 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. Your team is down 3 (might as well have been a 100). You steam past first and slide into 2nd. But, you are out, and everyone needs to stand and wait while the Bucs challenge the out call. Great way to draw even more attention to your idiocy. Team needed runners on base to extend the game. Didn't match matter if the runner was on 1st, 2nd or 3rd or even if you had hit a home run because the team needed more than 1. Then again, a double in your stats may look better than a measly single.

This team has fallen apart yet again at the end of a season. Last night was reminiscent of the 1st game of the season against the Braves a few years back when the Bucs misplayed a lazy fly ball out in the 9th to let the Braves extend the game and the Braves' players were laughing in the dugout. It is one thing to lose, it is another to be made fun of.

2017 - Expected so much more. Such a disappointing year.