What bothers me the most

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

What bothers me the most

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Think about how difficult the NL Central has been the last several years. One year (2015) 98 wins wasn't even enough.

But now, this year, the division is so mediocre and SO WINNABLE, yet it's like the Pirates are not even trying to win.

At least that's the message the front office is sending to the fans by essentially doing nothing, making no moves of significance, all year long.

Very sad. And perplexing.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

What bothers me the most

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I get that, but can't you say the same about the Cardinals, Cubs, and Brewers? Even the Reds?
fjk090852-7

What bothers me the most

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is a darn shame that the Pirates have struggled this season. This would have been the perfect year to win the Central. I think they may be one of the few teams in the MLB which have not won a Division Title since the six divisions.
Bobster21

What bothers me the most

Post by Bobster21 »

6C676F6366677C393F487169606767266B67080 wrote: I get that, but can't you say the same about the Cardinals, Cubs, and Brewers?  Even the Reds?
Why should we care if other teams didn't make moves? That doesn't excuse the Pirates. If anything, it only provides more reason for them to make moves to get an edge. The Cubs were returning a championship team. They have under performed but the talent is there. How much should they have changed? The Pirates chose not to improve a 78 win team. That's quite different. As for the Brewers, they at least picked up Travis Shaw and Neil Walker.
SammyKhalifa

What bothers me the most

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6F424F5E59485F1F1C2D0 wrote: I get that, but can't you say the same about the Cardinals, Cubs, and Brewers?  Even the Reds?
Why should we care if other teams didn't make moves? That doesn't excuse the Pirates. If anything, it only provides more reason for them to make moves to get an edge. The Cubs were returning a championship team. They have under performed but the talent is there. How much should they have changed? The Pirates chose not to improve a 78 win team. That's quite different. As for the Brewers, they at least picked up Travis Shaw and Neil Walker.

But maybe it means that Cards management knows something that Pirates fans don't.
Bobster21

What bothers me the most

Post by Bobster21 »

665458584C7E5D54595C5354350 wrote: I get that, but can't you say the same about the Cardinals, Cubs, and Brewers?  Even the Reds?

But maybe it means that Cards management knows something that Pirates fans don't. 

Well, if Cards management knows why the Pirates don't want to improve their team I wish they would share that info. (Maybe they hacked NH's computer?) :)
pghpaulatl

What bothers me the most

Post by pghpaulatl »

I can't help but believe that NH knew what he needed after the Gung and Marte situations, but had handcuffs applied by this cheapo owner who won't spend any money.

I've not been in the "Sale the Team" camp but after the 98 win season and what's transpired this season the NUT has to go!

So many moves could have been made to acquire some decent players when needed, but no we wait until after the deadline and then stopped a few players short of the help needed.

I'm really tired of this and can't really blame NH.
SammyKhalifa

What bothers me the most

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3F28273F2E3A232E3B234F0 wrote: I can't help but believe that NH knew what he needed after the Gung and Marte situations, but had handcuffs applied by this cheapo owner who won't spend any money.

I've not been in the "Sale the Team" camp but after the 98 win season and what's transpired this season the NUT has to go!

So many moves could have been made to acquire some decent players when needed, but no we wait until after the deadline and then stopped a few players short of the help needed.

I'm really tired of this and can't really blame NH.

I don't know that I can totally buy into that. A scrub (true) outfielder would not have cost that much money.
Aaron

What bothers me the most

Post by Aaron »

What bothers ME the most is that the Pirates STILL haven't announced the Giancarlo Stanton acquisition.

I mean, what are they waiting for? The sooner they announce it, the sooner he can suit up in the black and gold and get us the numerous championships Coon promised all those years ago.

We have important games against the Cards this weekend. Let's do this!!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

What bothers me the most

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

58786B7677190 wrote: What bothers ME the most is that the Pirates STILL haven't announced the Giancarlo Stanton acquisition.

I mean, what are they waiting for? The sooner they announce it, the sooner he can suit up in the black and gold and get us the numerous championships Coon promised all those years ago.

We have important games against the Cards this weekend. Let's do this!!

Over the worse and older Granderson and his .230 average? What are you smoking??