Cardinals Thursday...ugh

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cardinals Thursday...ugh

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Man on first. Molina hits a ground rule double. The umps didn't call it. Man scored from first to win the game. The Umps ran off the field. No review. Game over. Cardinals win.

I sure hope the Pirates ruin their playoff plans.
SteadyFreddy

Cardinals Thursday...ugh

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea that was completely and totally inexcusable to not look at that play in a game like that with so much on the line. How do you not see that was a ground rule double?? Just complete incompetence and laziness on the umpires part to not even come back out there and look at it. If I was the Mets or Giants I'd be fuming over that call.
CarolinaBucco

Cardinals Thursday...ugh

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Yea, that was inexcusable. When the game matters in the final days of a playoff race, you HAVE to go back out there and take a look to make sure you got it right. Who cares if it takes an extra 30 or 60 seconds or even 2 minutes.

Ridiculous. And OF COURSE it's the Cardinals.
mouse

Cardinals Thursday...ugh

Post by mouse »

I didn't see the game and I didn't see the any replay, but I must confess, my first thought on reading about it was to wonder if our old umpire friend, Jerry Meals, was at it again.
UtahPirate

Cardinals Thursday...ugh

Post by UtahPirate »

6368606C6968733630477E666F6868296468070 wrote: Man on first. Molina hits a ground rule double. The umps didn't call it. Man scored from first to win the game. The Umps ran off the field. No review. Game over. Cardinals win.

I sure hope the Pirates ruin their playoff plans.

It's my last wish for this team. So the season has been mediocre (at best) let's please, please, please keep the Cards out of the playoffs!

Our pitching lineup doesn't look real threatening (if Glasnow has any MLB magic for 2016, it would be nice to see it tonight), but maybe everyone will play loose and we can get at least one win. Cards have not played well at home lately...
SammyKhalifa

Cardinals Thursday...ugh

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Part of me thinks that, and part of me think that they have the best chance of beating the Cubs (which trumps all other concerns).