Andrew McCutchen in Players Tribune

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

You've probably all seen this reposted from other sources, but I thought it was worth bringing up here.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/andrew ... ittsburgh/

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow! That's a very candid, very great letter. He's a special player for many reasons.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Yeah that was pretty cool!
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Like everyone, Cutch has his flaws but I have always been proud that he is a Pirate.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: Wow! That's a very candid, very great letter. He's a special player for many reasons.

I've always been impressed with how well he writes considering that's not exactly what he does for a living.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Wow, that is an impressive letter. I'd seen the one photo (the Clemente one) but hadn't seen the letter. Thanks for posting the link.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I never heard of that website. There are some other articles too. It was all the buzz this morning on the radio.

That should get his team fired up too. Finally, lets get that extension signed. He wants to stay. Does that mean he will stay for a friendly deal and not break the bank?
PMike

Post by PMike »

He has written some other great pieces on that site, but this one was incredible. Few athletes are role models any longer. He is. Thanks for posting SammyK!
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

After living through the Barry Bonds era, it's hard to express how wonderful it is that the face of the franchise is someone you can respect and love. I know the finances are tough, but in my heart I want more than anything for him to be our Cal Ripken.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2C282017011124030C620 wrote: After living through the Barry Bonds era, it's hard to express how wonderful it is that the face of the franchise is someone you can respect and love. I know the finances are tough, but in my heart I want more than anything for him to be our Cal Ripken.
Yeah but the Pirate$ are all about money. Also, Ripken was an infielder who could shift from SS to 3B when he aged. When an outfielder slows down, the only option in the NL is usually 1B and Cutch doesn't seem like a 1B type.