2. Adam Frazier (L) LF

3. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. David Freese (R) 3B

6. John Jaso (L) RF

7. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Ivan Nova (R) P

No Cutch, plenty of Jaso. Billy Hamilton already has 2 hits and the game hasn't even started!
Bobster21

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by Bobster21 »

Cervelli is back. Diaz was optioned. ::)
Bobster21

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by Bobster21 »

Please stop talking, Joe Block. It's ok to have momentary silence. You don't have to fill every second of air time with talking, like telling us how many Pirates have the initials JB. Please stop talking, Joe Block. >:( >:( >:(
BenM

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by BenM »

Why is it that this team plays below the level of rookie/mediocre/bad pitchers so often?
Bobster21

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by Bobster21 »

And Cervelli is gone already! Why do they keep rushing him back? This is insane!
fjk090852-7

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Left quad discomfort for Cervelli. Status day to day.
INbuc

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by INbuc »

I have eye discomfort watching Nova pitch.
dmetz

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by dmetz »

567B76676071662625140 wrote: And Cervelli is gone already! Why do they keep rushing him back? This is insane!

I dont think they're rushing him at all..  The guy is a walking, talking, piece of glass.  If the guy isn't making a scene about taking a ball off the mask or rubbing a bruise every game, or "walking off" a blocked pitch it's a miracle.

I've never seen a catcher act like such a baby.   I'm beginning to think it's a psychological disorder of some kind.  Like Muchausen syndrome or something.   It's completely out of control.

Put him on the DL and call it what it seems to be. DL for lack of intestinal fortitude
SteadyFreddy

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It's insane how guys like Jaso and Stewart continue to play. This management team is in for one bad offseason with this fanbase if they don't change a number of things and cut out a lot of the stuff they are doing now. It's just completely and totally unacceptable.
Bobster21

8/25 vs Reds.

Post by Bobster21 »

7F58494D48556A5E494848552C0 wrote: It's insane how guys like Jaso and Stewart continue to play. This management team is in for one bad offseason with this fanbase if they don't change a number of things and cut out a lot of the stuff they are doing now. It's just completely and totally unacceptable.
Ain't it so! Maybe a more sensible manager would make a case for Diaz with his GM. But Hurdle likes his veterans and seems content just to show up, make up a lineup ensuring everyone gets plenty of rest, and follow his formulas regardless of the results. And he's probably got a job for life since he can always be the buffer that deflects blame away from the owner and FO.