Tyler Glasnow...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Tyler Glasnow...

Post by johnfluharty »

Randy Johnson was 26 before he found consistent success.
SCBucco

Tyler Glasnow...

Post by SCBucco »

Sending him back down might be counterproductive. All it does is possibly get his confidence back against not as good hitters. I would put him in the pen to work things out. Then, who is #5 in the rotation? Yuck at the options.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the bit of a rift TG had with Cervelli in his first appearance of the year, or at least, it seemed like a rift. It seemed like TG was giving FC the business ... "this is what I'm going to do ... live with it" type of exchange. I haven't seen that before coming from a supposed prized prospect that hasn't done anything of note in MLB with a veteran catcher.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tyler Glasnow...

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

05151423353539560 wrote: Sending him back down might be counterproductive.  All it does is possibly get his confidence back against not as good hitters.  I would put him in the pen to work things out.  Then, who is #5 in the rotation?  Yuck at the options.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the bit of a rift TG had with Cervelli in his first appearance of the year, or at least, it seemed like a rift. It seemed like TG was giving FC the business ... "this is what I'm going to do ... live with it" type of exchange.  I haven't seen that before coming from a supposed prized prospect that hasn't done anything of note in MLB with a veteran catcher.

What rift? What was said?
SammyKhalifa

Tyler Glasnow...

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4E5E5F687E7E721D0 wrote: Sending him back down might be counterproductive.  All it does is possibly get his confidence back against not as good hitters.  I would put him in the pen to work things out.  Then, who is #5 in the rotation?  Yuck at the options.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the bit of a rift TG had with Cervelli in his first appearance of the year, or at least, it seemed like a rift. It seemed like TG was giving FC the business ... "this is what I'm going to do ... live with it" type of exchange.  I haven't seen that before coming from a supposed prized prospect that hasn't done anything of note in MLB with a veteran catcher.

Haha, maybe that explains some things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBUS3vQtDCA

SCBucco

Tyler Glasnow...

Post by SCBucco »

252E262A2F2E357076013820292E2E6F222E410 wrote: Sending him back down might be counterproductive.  All it does is possibly get his confidence back against not as good hitters.  I would put him in the pen to work things out.  Then, who is #5 in the rotation?  Yuck at the options.

What rift?  What was said? 

If you watched a particular start of Glasnow's, he was basically animate with Cervelli about how things were going to be done. A struggling rookie giving a veteran catcher the business isn't the right way to go about it. I don't know what was said, but Glasnow maybe should listen to Cervelli. Its not like what he is doing is working.