5/8 late night game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

5/8 late night game

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: ...and then a grand slam. At least I won't be missing anything by turning it off. I'm only sorry I wasted my time watching some of they first inning.

I gotta stick around and watch the train wreck.

Sad because Williams had the 1st two batters easily but poor defense killed him. If the ball had been played competently it may well be 0-0 still.
SCBucco

5/8 late night game

Post by SCBucco »

4E636E7F78697E3E3D0C0 wrote: ...and then a grand slam. At least I won't be missing anything by turning it off. I'm only sorry I wasted my time watching some of they first inning.

Not sure which is worse, the effort by the Pens tonight or this mess in LA. SharkTank Reruns ... thank God.
SCBucco

5/8 late night game

Post by SCBucco »

0C2A2B3C2A3A490 wrote: the bright side is several players are well rested.

Well, I laughed.
PMike

5/8 late night game

Post by PMike »

The other good news is that they self destructed early in the game. I don't have to feel bad for staying up late and then watching them fall apart after midnight. I can make the decision now to turn off the TV and go to bed.
SteadyFreddy

5/8 late night game

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Glad to see resting both Harrison and Cutch on Sunday helped the lineup out a ton last night. I hope everything is okay with Taillon but if he is out for awhile which he probably will be this rotation is in a lot of trouble. Looking at this team right now the way it's constructed it's a last place team that if it keeps going down the road it's going will be lucky to win 75 games. How can anybody look at this team and actually think that they have a legitimate chance to contend for anything this season.
Bobster21

5/8 late night game

Post by Bobster21 »

This is why you don't tank a game the day before. On Sunday, the Brewers sent out the very beatable Zach Davies and his 6.07 ERA. But since the Pirates had already won the series Hurdle put out a lineup that had no chance whatsoever to win a home game. Instead, his only concern was resting players. So his rested players have to fly to LA and get drubbed. And as another loss mounts up due to poor pitching, poor fielding and poor hitting, we look back at Sunday's game and think maybe it wouldn't have been a bad idea to at least TRY to win that game at home vs a pitcher with a 6+ ERA.
mouse

5/8 late night game

Post by mouse »

I've gritted my teeth over the years about the 'Sunday lineup.' As a kid, we lived far enough away that a trip to a game was a once a year thing, and always on Sunday. Always hated missing my favorite players.
SammyKhalifa

5/8 late night game

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Isn't that something every team does at some point? If so, I would find it hard to believe that every team is stupid.
PMike

5/8 late night game

Post by PMike »

I said it in another thread and I'll repeat it now because it seem especially relevant.  I don't have a problem with the "Sunday Lineup" or resting players in general.  However, now is not a normal time.  They are down significant starters from this team.  When you are already down 4 starters, you can't be benching other guys.  The best players on the team need to play through this now and play every game.  McCutchen, Harrison, Polanco, and Bell don't get off days at least until both Freese and Frazier are back.  Ideally they play every day until Marte is back also.  Who knows about Kang.

You can't follow the script when you are currently in a different movie.
johnfluharty

5/8 late night game

Post by johnfluharty »

Almost noone plays all 162 games.