8/27 vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

8/27 vs Reds

Post by dmetz »

01263733362B14203736362B520 wrote: The Bucs are 5-1 at Wrigley this season so far so you never know what can happen. The Pirates at this point need nothing short of a miracle to realistically stay in this division race.

You're still going with this?   They surrendered the division race weeks ago.  Just playing out the season now.  
SteadyFreddy

8/27 vs Reds

Post by SteadyFreddy »

232A22333D470 wrote: The Bucs are 5-1 at Wrigley this season so far so you never know what can happen. The Pirates at this point need nothing short of a miracle to realistically stay in this division race.

You're still going with this?   They surrendered the division race weeks ago.  Just playing out the season now.   No I think they are done. They are 7 games out with 31 games left to play so like I said unless a miracle happens such as a 15 game winning streak (which we all know it wont) there is nothing to play for the rest of the season. I find it utterly absurd and annoying as hell that Clint still continues to start guys like Jaso and Stewart over Osuna and Diaz. It's inexcusable for this to be happening still now.
Bobster21

8/27 vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

6D4A5B5F5A47784C5B5A5A473E0 wrote: The Bucs are 5-1 at Wrigley this season so far so you never know what can happen. The Pirates at this point need nothing short of a miracle to realistically stay in this division race.

You're still going with this?   They surrendered the division race weeks ago.  Just playing out the season now.   No I think they are done. They are 7 games out with 31 games left to play so like I said unless a miracle happens such as a 15 game winning streak (which we all know it wont) there is nothing to play for the rest of the season. I find it utterly absurd and annoying as hell that Clint still continues to start guys like Jaso and Stewart over Osuna and Diaz. It's inexcusable for this to be happening still now.

Hurdle has demonstrated no sense of urgency to win games at any point this season. He's not going to change now. Sometimes it seems like he's more interested in being a father to these guys than their manager. I realize he's limited by the roster he's been given. But he doesn't even try to maximize the team's chances of winning with what he's got. It seems like every game is a Grapefruit League game and the results don't matter. Careerwise, I think Hurdle has been a very average MLB manager. But just for 2017, I think he's been one of the worst managers I've ever seen.