5. Jordan Luplow (R) RF

6. Sean Rodriguez (R) 3B

7. Elias Diaz (R) C

8. Max Moroff (S) SS

9. Ivan Nova (R) P
DemDog

Bucs at Washington. Final series.

Post by DemDog »

Interesting lineup. Hope Bostick has a decent nite at the plate tonight. Wonder why the "2nd best 2bman" on the team is not starting tonight. Instead a weak hitting defensive guy is in there? 8-)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I will be at the Saturday and Sunday games.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

If Glasnow can't throw strikes, he's of little use. 76 pitches to go 3.2 innings with 5 walks.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Just wondering which is more painful -- watching Glasnow load the bases on TV or watching him do it on ESPN's new gamecast? I will guess gamecast.

Can anyone with the luxury of TV summarize Glasnow's night?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

595E726573100 wrote: Just wondering which is more painful -- watching Glasnow load the bases on TV or watching him do it on ESPN's new gamecast?  I will guess gamecast.

He had 1 good inning (the fourth). He was in trouble in the 3rd with walks. He gave up 2 hits in the 5th (one was an infield hit) but was helped by a caught stealing. He walked the bases loaded in the 6th and was removed. Just another in a seemingly endless series of games in which throwing strikes is beyond his ability level.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

220F02131405125251600 wrote: Just wondering which is more painful -- watching Glasnow load the bases on TV or watching him do it on ESPN's new gamecast?  I will guess gamecast.

He had 1 good inning (the fourth). He was in trouble in the 3rd with walks. He gave up 2 hits in the 5th (one was an infield hit) but was helped by a caught stealing. He walked the bases loaded in the 6th and was removed. Just another in a seemingly endless series of games in which throwing strikes is beyond his ability level.

Thanks Bobster. When I have seen him interviewed he comes across as a great kid. I hope he can figure it out someday..soon.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

090E223523400 wrote: Just wondering which is more painful -- watching Glasnow load the bases on TV or watching him do it on ESPN's new gamecast?  I will guess gamecast.

Thanks Bobster.  When I have seen him interviewed he comes across as a great kid.  I hope he can figure it out someday..soon.
It's one of those situations where I won't fault them either way. You don't want them to get rid of him and then see him become a star pitcher. On the other hand, you don't want to see them keep him if this is as good as he gets. The Orioles are my #2 team and Jake Arrieta was expected to become a star pitcher but in 3+ seasons with the Orioles he was 20-25 with a 5.46 ERA and 1.472 WHIP. By the time they traded him to the Cubs, no one was sorry to see him go. Then, as a Cub, he became the star pitcher the Orioles had envisioned. But it's hard to fault a team for moving a player who consistently fails with no guarantee he won't stop failing.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Tough situation in the 9th. Better bring in Nicasio. Oh wait.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Bad strategy. Need to walk the bases loaded so there is a force play at the plate. The infield can play back a step and not be all the way in.