1 hit

2 BB

4 Ks

Faced the minimum 27 batters

90 pitches total

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Keller update

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Now, that's an outing. He could be passing Glasnow on the prospect list. I am sure some already have him better in the rankings.
fjk090852-7

Keller update

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It would appear that as of now Keller is the better propect than Glasnow. We could see Keller in Pittsburgh around the All Star Break in 2018. If he continues the excellent work, he would slide in behind Cole and Taillon provided that Cole is not moved this winter in a major trade.
SammyKhalifa

Keller update

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1F3E361F343C5B0 wrote: Now, that's an outing.  He could be passing Glasnow on the prospect list.  I am sure some already have him better in the rankings.

Where you been this season Dog.  Keller was rated #2 in the pre-season rankings by P2 just behind Meadows and then in the mid-season rankings he is rated #1. 

Call it Glasnow Fatigue, but I think I'm in the "wait and see" camp this time.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Keller update

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

24050D240F07600 wrote: Now, that's an outing.  He could be passing Glasnow on the prospect list.  I am sure some already have him better in the rankings.

Where you been this season Dog.  Keller was rated #2 in the pre-season rankings by P2 just behind Meadows and then in the mid-season rankings he is rated #1. 

I still consider Glasnow a prospect, kind of what I meant. I know technically he is no longer a prospect. Sorry, I follow the national outlets and not just P2.

Keller has been very good this year. I am not sure if he will got a shot over Glasnow for the Pirates. Long term, he might be better.
iabucco

Keller update

Post by iabucco »

From what I read, Keller is in the upper 90's most of the game and dropped to about 95 in the 9th. It sounded like he didn't use his change up much and used the curve more to get ahead in the count. I think Keller seems to be the better pitcher while Glasnow is still more of a thrower. I still have high hopes for Glasnow but I think he will go through a struggle in the majors before it clicks.