This was the season....

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

This was the season....

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

....that many people have been pointing to, expecting the Pirates to truly compete for the WS. I think this can be a good team. But it doesn't look like a WS team. Making the wild card will be tough.

Just goes to show that it's not usually wise, in baseball, to sacrifice a competive "present" for a hoped for "future".

Nevertheless, I'm ready for some baseball....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

This was the season....

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I thought that for sure. But I also figured Walker, Liriano and Alvarez would be on the team.

Kang is better than Alvarez. Nova can be better than Liriano. Harrison was a drop off.

Yes, I still think this team can compete. Losing Kang is a big blow. Taillon might be behind schedule due to injuries. Marte and Polanco are on pace to be those special players with McCutchen.
rucker59@gmail.com

This was the season....

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3B30383431302B6E681F263E373030713C305F0 wrote: I thought that for sure.  But I also figured Walker, Liriano and Alvarez would be on the team.

Kang is better than Alvarez.  Nova can be better than Liriano.  Harrison was a drop off. 

Yes, I still think this team can compete.  Losing Kang is a big blow.  Taillon might be behind schedule due to injuries.  Marte and Polanco are on pace to be those special players with McCutchen. 

Not a lot of talk going their direction. But Marte and Polanco may be the key. We've never quite reached that all star out field that was expected. If those two could have truly break out and Cutch return to close to his normal the Pirates could be very dangerous.