Who do you think has persevered the most?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

I was checking out the box score for Indy (Marte and Glasnow are playing). Stallings hit a HR so I went to look to see who was catching for Columbus.

None other than Eric Kratz! 15 different minor league teams! Imagine the hat collection he must have!

Hey, got to give the guy credit for all the years, all of the perseverance. He might be one of the last active players to play for Medicine Hat. I hope he can land a coaching job in the future.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2017/ALL

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... er01.shtml
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

My vote goes to Harry Bright who signed in 1946 as a 16 year old and didn't see the majors until getting a cup of coffee with the Bucs 12 years later. He was a classic utility guy playing every position but CF and SS. He stuck with the Pirates in 1959 but rarely played other than to PH. Was a September call up in 1960. Traded to expansion Washington Senators in 1961 where he played part time for a year and then tied for team lead for Senators in HRs and was 2nd in RBIs in 1962 at age 32. Knocked around a few more years as a utility player and even made it to a WS with Yankees in 1963.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

7D505D4C4B5A4D0D0E3F0 wrote: My vote goes to Harry Bright who signed in 1946 as a 16 year old and didn't see the majors until getting a cup of coffee with the Bucs 12 years later. He was a classic utility guy playing every position but CF and SS. He stuck with the Pirates in 1959 but rarely played other than to PH. Was a September call up in 1960. Traded to expansion Washington Senators in 1961 where he played part time for a year and then tied for team lead for Senators in HRs and was 2nd in RBIs in 1962 at age 32. Knocked around a few more years as a utility player and even made it to a WS with Yankees in 1963. 

I noticed that he wore #8 prior to Willie getting in 2 years later
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Guess this may as well be the minor league thread. Indy put up 21 runs today, nine in the ninth inning and are still hitting.

Marte 0-3, Glasgow with a decent start. I have high hopes for him, but fear he may be a AAAA pitcher. You hear that a lot with hitters, never really heard it used WRT pitchers.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

171F1C2B3D183F305E0 wrote: Guess this may as well be the minor league thread.  Indy put up 21 runs today, nine in the ninth inning and are still hitting.

Marte 0-3, Glasgow with a decent start. I have high hopes for him, but fear he may be a AAAA pitcher. You hear that a lot with hitters, never really heard it used WRT pitchers.

I am still hopeful with Glasnow. From reports, he is throwing in the upper 90's consistently in his starts. I am hopeful that he was holding back to throw strikes. I would rather have a few more walks if he is throwing 98 than throwing 93 mph fastballs across the middle of the plate. His curve looked good and if he can just improve on the walks that he started the season with and throw hard, I think he can become a solid pitcher.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Tim Tebow. Twenty nine years old and still stuck in A ball.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »