For 2018 The Bucs Need A Lefty Starting Pitcher

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

604647504656250 wrote: In my opinion I would trade Marte before I would move Polanco. I know  Marte is supposed to replace Cutch if Cutch moves on, but I am not impressed with Marte's hitting and his lack of hustle at times.

Depending upon what Bucs think he is going to do as far as improvement I would keep Polanco too as he is potential left handed power bat.  Marte has great defense and speed but if Polanco can develop 30 homer power and improve his defense he is the one to keep.

Do you think Marte can provide that type of offense too? Marte always had the defense.

I see Marte as the overall better hitter. I expected Polanco to break out this year, but injuries derailed that plan. To me, Marte is the type of player to expect good things and build around as Polanco is an accessory piece, but a good one (like Heyward, Yelich type bat).
notes34

Post by notes34 »

212A222E2B2A317472053C242D2A2A6B262A450 wrote: In my opinion I would trade Marte before I would move Polanco. I know  Marte is supposed to replace Cutch if Cutch moves on, but I am not impressed with Marte's hitting and his lack of hustle at times.

Depending upon what Bucs think he is going to do as far as improvement I would keep Polanco too as he is potential left handed power bat.  Marte has great defense and speed but if Polanco can develop 30 homer power and improve his defense he is the one to keep.

Do you think Marte can provide that type of offense too?  Marte always had the defense. 

I see Marte as the overall better hitter.  I expected Polanco to break out this year, but injuries derailed that plan.  To me, Marte is the type of player to expect good things and build around as Polanco is an accessory piece, but a good one (like Heyward, Yelich type bat).   

Are you serious? The only thing Polanco may do better than Marte is hit a few more homeruns. Marte will hit for a higher average, steal 40+ bases and play much better defense. They aren't even close to being in the same league defensively. I would trade Polanco in a heartbeat. Marte is frustrating for sure but he is the more talented player and I don't think it's even close.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

434259485E1E192D0 wrote: In my opinion I would trade Marte before I would move Polanco. I know  Marte is supposed to replace Cutch if Cutch moves on, but I am not impressed with Marte's hitting and his lack of hustle at times.

Do you think Marte can provide that type of offense too?  Marte always had the defense. 

I see Marte as the overall better hitter.  I expected Polanco to break out this year, but injuries derailed that plan.  To me, Marte is the type of player to expect good things and build around as Polanco is an accessory piece, but a good one (like Heyward, Yelich type bat).   

Are you serious? The only thing Polanco may do better than Marte is hit a few more homeruns. Marte will hit for a higher average, steal 40+ bases and play much better defense. They aren't even close to being in the same league defensively. I would trade Polanco in a heartbeat. Marte is frustrating for sure but he is the more talented player and I don't think it's even close.

Huh? You read that as me saying Polanco is better than Marte? Please reread my statement. Thanks in advance.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Signing Bruce to me comes with a similar ? that Polanco. Yes Bruce is proven but is he due for a downturn in production? At what price does Bruce come?

As for trading Polanco I sit on the fence but I would not be afraid to trade him even if he becomes a Ken Griffey Jr, who by the way played for 22 seasons and his teams made the playoffs only 4 years. And only one year 1995 the Mariners got to the ALCS and they lost despite JRs big time performance. So while I would like to give him one more chance at success if they deal him, uhhhh.

As for Marte, just cant figure him out. Dont expect him to be triple crown player but if he can hit for a decent average and a fair power guy and play lights out defense like he usually does I can put up with his lackadaisical moving around the field.