Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Speedloader88

7/1/17-Vs. SF, Hunter Pence doesn't like Primanti Brothers

Post by Speedloader88 »

This organization......... just smh :-/
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: Bullpen about to lose ANOTHER game.  Wild pitch. 

2-1 Giants.

At what point is the FO held accountable for blown game after blown game?

Does the FO really want to compete this year, or do they want to unload contracts?

If there was ever a point when the FO gave the impression they wanted to compete this year, I missed it. Going back to the off season when they made no moves other than to keep Nova, which was hardly the "final piece of the puzzle" when they were giving 2 starting spots to Kuhl and Glasnow. Then the official twiddling of the thumbs when Kang was lost, when Marte was lost, and even when they were down to only 2 outfielders on the roster. The fact that they are not a ton of games behind despite being 7 games under .500 is not an indication this FO ever intended to compete. Surely they didn't know the Cubs would fall flat this year and that being 7 under .500 on July 1 wouldn't mean double-digit games behind. Clearly, the FO did not intend to compete unless it happened by accident (which it almost did). And as we've seen, even if they were accidentally competing despite a bad W-L record, the FO was going to make no moves to enhance the roster. I'm so glad they've focused the last 2 years on achieving financial flexibility. It has given them the flexibility to .... do nothing.

I have to agree with you. From all indications, there was/is no intention to try and compete. My guess is players will be moved in July regardless of standing in the division. It will make for a very good year with the accountants; ownership will be pleased.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hudson needs to be DFA at some point. How many games is he going to come in and pitch that are close that he is going to continue to implode and lose the game. I know the offense left 15 guys on base yesterday and I will blame them as well for the loss but that still doesn't hide the fact that Hudson stinks and stinks really bad and has been a total and complete waste of 11.5 million dollars. Losing 2 of 3 already to the Giants with a chance of being swept today really makes me reconsider a lot of things. I've been saying all along this team is just not good enough and they continue to fall flat on their face time and time again when they have games on their schedule that they absolutely have to win.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

46617074716C53677071716C150 wrote: Hudson needs to be DFA at some point. How many games is he going to come in and pitch that are close that he is going to continue to implode and lose the game. I know the offense left 15 guys on base yesterday and I will blame them as well for the loss but that still doesn't hide the fact that Hudson stinks and stinks really bad and has been a total and complete waste of 11.5 million dollars. Losing 2 of 3 already to the Giants with a chance of being swept today really makes me reconsider a lot of things. I've been saying all along this team is just not good enough and they continue to fall flat on their face time and time again when they have games on their schedule that they absolutely have to win.
These are games they must win in order to compete for the title of a weak division. Unfortunately, they are not a team good enough to do that. I'm sure the Giants were glad to have the Pirates coming up on their schedule instead of one of the better teams. The Pirates are not competitive this year. The fact that no one is running away with their division gives the illusion that this 37-44 team is in the hunt. They aren't. As soon as someone in their division gets hot, we'll see the Bucs 12-15 games back.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Why is everyone so concerned?

Dogknot says everything is great, so everything is great. Last year's record means nothing, this year's record means nothing.

Let's just make one thing clear. If the team continues to play like this, nothing is Neal Huntington's fault. Everything he's done has been the correct move. For some reason, the players just aren't doing what they should do.

Not Neal's fault.