100 games into the season...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Marlins lose tonight again to the Reds and drop 3 of 4 to them. The Bucs now up 1.5 on the Fish with 3 games in hand on them. The Pirates have a real chance this weekend to make this a two team race between themselves and the Cards with 2 or 3 wins. Big big series this weekend to try and create some more seperation.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1B3C2D292C310E3A2D2C2C31480 wrote: Since Iowa is no longer posting, Steady you need post what we need to do to get there starting with the Brewers tomorrow.

I always enjoy the + or - against Iowa's predictions -- and I think others do as well. So give us something to measure those 37 wins against. Okay I will do my best to break down every series the rest of the way and how we can get to 37 wins to get a wildcard spot. There are 62 games remaining so here goes. Keep in mind 34 of the 62 games remaining are against the Brewers, Braves, Reds, Padres, and Phillies. So you have to win if not all then most of those series against those teams.

3 at Milwaukee 2-1

3 at Atlanta  3-0

3 home Cincinnati  2-1

3 home San Diego  2-1

3 at LA  2-1

3 at San Fran 1-2

3 home Miami 2-1

3 home Houston 1-2

4 at Milwaukee 2-2

3 at Chicago 1-2

3 home Milwaukee 2-1

3 home St Louis 1-2

4 home Cincinnati 3-1

4 at Philadelphia 2-2

4 at Cincinnati 3-1

3 at Milwaukee 2-1

3 home Washington 2-1

4 home Chicago 2-2

3 at St Louis 2-1

Okay quick update on how things are progressing here since I made this thread a month ago today. I said at the end of this weekend series with the Brewers the Pirates would have 17 wins. If they complete the sweep in Milwaukee today they will have 15 wins which will leave me at a -2 of my original prediction. I still think it's going to take around 85-89 wins to get one of those wildcard spots. I said 89 would get it done for sure. In order to do that the Pirates have to go 23-12 in their last 35 games which will be not be easy but is definitely doable looking at who they have left on the schedule.