The Week Ahead

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

The Week Ahead

Post by INbuc »

Most years .500 won't get you a sniff of the post season, but this year might. If you think it can't, Google the 1973 nl standings. The Mets won the East with 82 wins. They then beat the Reds- with 99 wins-- in the NLCS . The opportunity is there and Trevor Williams got the week off to a great start.
johnfluharty

The Week Ahead

Post by johnfluharty »

The 2006 Cardinals won the world series with a regular season record of 83–78.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Week Ahead

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I know it happens. There was a ton of excitement in 1997 for the Pirates who finished four games under .500 and in second place five games back. But were they really taken seriously in that unexpected season?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Week Ahead

I hope Verlander is traded today so the Pirates don't have to face him. What is the hold up? Houston or Verlander?
DemDog

The Week Ahead

Post by DemDog »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: I hope Verlander is traded today so the Pirates don't have to face him.  What is the hold up?  Houston or Verlander?

[move]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/move]
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Week Ahead

5C7D755C777F180 wrote: I hope Verlander is traded today so the Pirates don't have to face him.  What is the hold up?  Houston or Verlander?

[move]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[/move]

Personally, I don't think Houston needs Verlander. Especially, for that price tag. But I couldn't imagine the Pittsburgh fans reaction if they were in Houston's place right now. The Astros have never won a World Series and only been there once. Is there a fan uproar in Houston for not improving the team...yet?