Taillon treated for testicular cancer.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Docjon49

Post by Docjon49 »

Hope he makes a quick and complete recovery. I've spend a lot of time in and out of the hospital lately. It's no place for anyone, much less a young athlete.

Can't help but worry how this is going to affect his pitching career, though. Can't be easy. Every at-bat, he's gonna start off down a ball.

/Window seat,please.

//low-hanging fruit. . .

///Gotta laugh, or ya cry.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

69424E47424319142D0 wrote: Hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.  I've spend a lot of time in and out of the hospital lately.  It's no place for anyone, much less a young athlete.

Can't help but worry how this is going to affect his pitching career, though. Can't be easy.  Every at-bat, he's gonna start off down a ball.

/Window seat,please.

//low-hanging fruit. . .

John Kruk, after his surgery, wore a shirt that read "if you don't like it, I'm going to take my ball and go home."

I think it's ok to use humor to get through tough times.

I'm rooting for Taillon and hope they caught this issue early.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0D262A2326277D70490 wrote: Hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.  I've spend a lot of time in and out of the hospital lately.  It's no place for anyone, much less a young athlete.

Can't help but worry how this is going to affect his pitching career, though. Can't be easy.  Every at-bat, he's gonna start off down a ball.

/Window seat,please.

//low-hanging fruit. . .

Hey Doc! Hope your doing okay. It's not just star athletes that matter...
Docjon49

Post by Docjon49 »

704D4A504D4A240 wrote: Hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.  I've spend a lot of time in and out of the hospital lately.  It's no place for anyone, much less a young athlete.

/Window seat,please.

//low-hanging fruit. . .

John Kruk, after his surgery, wore a shirt that read "if you don't like it, I'm going to take my ball and go home."

Now THAT'S funny ;D

212630383621666A13343E323A3F7D303C3E530 wrote: Hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.  I've spend a lot of time in and out of the hospital lately.  It's no place for anyone, much less a young athlete.

/Window seat,please.

//low-hanging fruit. . .

Hey Doc!  Hope your doing okay.  It's not just star athletes that matter...

I just take it one day at a time. I'm just happy to be here, hope I can help the ballclub. I just wanna give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out. ;)

Thanks for the good thoughts. I appreciate it.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I hope this isn't the end of his season. I was talking to some doctors today and they think it's bad that he had groin pain first. Every person/player is different in recovery.

He is legally allowed to take testosterone now. I hope this doesn't give Marte any ideas.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hope he is okay too and can pitch again sometime soon. This however will yet again give Nutting and Coonelly another excuse for having a poor season to go along with the Marte and Kang issues.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

66415054514C73475051514C350 wrote: Hope he is okay too and can pitch again sometime soon. This however will yet again give Nutting and Coonelly another excuse for having a poor season to go along with the Marte and Kang issues.

It is a pretty big one. All three were unforeseen and unique. No player has missed time for a DUI, not many get cancer during the season, and who was the last major league All Star to get suspended for PEDs?

Only difference, Taillon didn't do this to himself by making a bad decision. I still think he is the team's best talent and wish a speedy recovery.
PMike

Post by PMike »

6B5955554173505954515E59380 wrote:

That is a statement to admire.

I told my wife a couple years ago that I was done buying jerseys for myself. My kids, sure. But I think I'm actually going to get a Steelers James Conner jersey. I'm a Pitt grad and he has been an amazing and inspirational human being thru his struggles with cancer.

Now I feel the same way about Taillon. He has said all of the right things in light of his struggles. PP had a few good articles during his TJ time. He was effusive that he didn't "lose time." He used every moment of his rehab to be better physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. Nothing was lost or wasted. This post reinforces that high character. I'm happy to have him be a role model for my kids. I'm ready to get my kids a Taillon jersey. And put aside the Marte jersey shirt. :-[