Game 3 Pirates Phillies - Cole train up.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

1st inning and Cole gives up a 2 run homer. ERA Now at 4.65.

Since there was no one to blame but himself, he did not embarrass any of his team mates.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

supposedly the Phils have poor pitching, but this series they have been doing well (or the Bucs have been hitting poorly)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's not just the usual HR. It's the 5 hits and a walk in 3 innings for an awful WHIP of 2.000. Whatever mojo Cole used to have is gone. Last year we could excuse his bad season because of injuries. But now that he's healthy and still pitching poorly it seems we were a bit too charitable last year. Cole has the ability to be an elite pitcher. But to be struggling this much this far into his career is very troubling.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I've seen just about enough of Gerrit Cole. Maybe I'm just in a salty mood today about the Pirates, but for a guy with as much raw talent as he has, he gets lit up. They could trade him tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

And then, I think back to 2015 Gerrit Cole who almost won a Cy Young, and know that guy is still in there, and think maybe they should offer him an extension now.

At least we tied the score.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

He held on an gave the Pirates a real chance to win this game.  The way he was squeezed by the ump I was waiting for Cole to explode, but he kept his emotions in check.  I wonder if staying in control emotionally helped him pitch better? 
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Okay, here we go. Somehow the Bucco arsonists have to cobble together 6 outs to get to Rivero.

I hope Watson is not one of the cobblers.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Joe Block actually thought the cheese wiz going on a Philly cheese steak was mustard. What a flipping idiot he is. I hate when he is on TV.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Cole is maddening.

We can easily say if it were not for the Pirates bullpen GIVING AWAY games, this team would be near 1st place.

But we can also say if Cole had been consistent this year, instead of getting absolutely torched 6 or 7 times, we would also be much closer to first place.

So frustrating to watch him when he's on ... wondering why he can't do it on a much more consistent basis.

The true No. 1's ... Kershaw, Sale, Kuechel, and many more ... they don't get lit up every third time out.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

5B796A77747176795A6D7B7B77180 wrote:

The true No. 1's ... Kershaw, Sale, Kuechel, and many more ... they don't get lit up every third time out.

Perhaps you should adjust your expectations. Cole isn't that level of pitcher.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I thought Hudson was going to have a bad inning, but Polanco guns down Nava at plate.