Neal's radio show

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Neal's radio show

Post by dmetz »

It's hard to believe the GM is back to ole' tried and true "when the fans show up" narrative. Lol

I mean come on dude. The PR department on this team is much worse than the players.

There's no other word I can use to describe it other than stupid. After what happened in 2016 and also this offseason, it's about the dumbest thing he could possibly say.

"We screwed this up, but we are working hard to fix the mistakes and get a division title ASAP". The end. Instead just more garbage coming out of his mouth
Ecbucs

Neal's radio show

Post by Ecbucs »

5A51595550514A0F097E475F565151105D513E0 wrote: So, if they paid Harrison $8 million, Jaso $5.75 million, and Nicasio $8 million (or more on all three) you would be ok with that?  The payroll would have been the same, right?  That's what Walker, Alvarez, and Morton made in 2015.

They still would have lost, but payroll was the same or more.  So, that's ok?  A lot of people thought Harrison and Jaso were better too.  I am sure there are some posts about it (my search still isn't working properly).

This statement makes no sense to me. 

For me and probably everyone else here the answer would be a big NO to paying those players more than what the Pirates signed them for. 

The correct answer is use that money and pay for better players than Jaso, Vogelsong and Nicasio.

Switching gears a little bit but isn't great how the players have responded positively to Clint's new deal. They are playing inspired baseball.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Neal's radio show

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6B626A7B750F0 wrote: It's hard to believe the GM is back to ole' tried and true "when the fans show up" narrative.   Lol

I mean come on dude.   The PR department on this team is much worse than the players.   

There's no other word I can use to describe it other than stupid.   After what happened in 2016 and also this offseason, it's about the dumbest thing he could possibly say.

"We screwed this up, but we are working hard to fix the mistakes and get a division title ASAP".  The end.   Instead just more garbage coming out of his mouth

Very true.

Do they even have a PR Department? I'd rather hear the generic line about improving and moving forward than what is going on now. It's like Huntington is getting tired of the pressure and is giving in. They are in a no-win situation and keep digging a hole.
dmetz

Neal's radio show

Post by dmetz »

515A525E5B5A410402754C545D5A5A1B565A350 wrote: It's hard to believe the GM is back to ole' tried and true "when the fans show up" narrative.   Lol

I mean come on dude.   The PR department on this team is much worse than the players.   

There's no other word I can use to describe it other than stupid.   After what happened in 2016 and also this offseason, it's about the dumbest thing he could possibly say.

"We screwed this up, but we are working hard to fix the mistakes and get a division title ASAP".  The end.   Instead just more garbage coming out of his mouth

Very true. 

Do they even have a PR Department?  I'd rather hear the generic line about improving and moving forward than what is going on now.  It's like Huntington is getting tired of the pressure and is giving in.  They are in a no-win situation and keep digging a hole. 

I agree up until you declare them to be in a no win situation.   Sports is never a no-win situation.   You win and the other team loses.

When he was being showered with praise and GM of the year, we won.   Bar was low too initially.  We got the wildcard and everyone went ballistic.

Take that team and drive it into the ground...yeah.  We lose.   But instead of Manning up and taking responsibility the org goes back into blaming it on attendance mode.

Just man up.  Fans love that.  They tend to not like being blamed for the team failing.  Just a a general rule.

rucker59@gmail.com

Neal's radio show

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Joe Starkey suggests its time for the FO to acknowledge the fans are not at fault. Maybe Nutting can start over??

Very good and fair article.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe- ... 1709140049
notes34

Neal's radio show

Post by notes34 »

7F786E66687F38344D6A606C6461236E62600D0 wrote: Joe Starkey suggests its time for the FO to acknowledge the fans are not at fault.  Maybe Nutting can start over??

Very good and fair article.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe- ... 1709140049
Very good article.

I come here and still look at box scores, but I've turned off the TV. I will also not go to another game, I just can't do it. I love the park and I'm sure at some point I will change my mind, just not anytime soon.