Morton, Glasnow

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Speedloader88

Morton, Glasnow

Post by Speedloader88 »

I get irritated when players stink for the Pirates and go on to do good things with other clubs. I am happy for Charlie Morton, the person, but irritated that he couldn't put his game together for the Pirates. It serves as a reminder why I won't wish Tyler Glasnow and others jettisoned so quickly. Glasnow is a disappointment, but with an abundance of patience he and others like him, may just turn in to something!
Bobster21

Morton, Glasnow

Post by Bobster21 »

Morton is 33 and in his 10th season so it's taken quite awhile and even now he's not great. And although he pitched well in his WS start, his ERA for the ALCS was 7.27. He has always been inconsistent and that doesn't seem to have changed. If it takes Glasnow 10 years to figure it out, it won't be worth the wait.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Morton, Glasnow

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Morton did have his best year this year, but he isn't that far off from what he did in 2013 and 2014 for the Pirates. The biggest difference is his strike outs.
dmetz

Morton, Glasnow

Post by dmetz »

It's kinda the teams fault. We all knew he was a headcase. And over thinker. Etc..

This org was utterly obsessed with him throwing that 2-seamer all the time and pitching to.contact. well, he had some success and he had some failures. Mostly he was injured all the time.

He didn't fit into the cookiecutter blueprint. For some reason, they wouldn't let him come off the 2-seamer. It's hard to say what would have happened, but I was fine with salary dumping him. He had so many chances and couldn't stay healthy.

Unfortunately we salary dumped him for a ghost man. Had it been for a bonafide human pitcher, would have been cool.
notes34

Morton, Glasnow

Post by notes34 »

565F574648320 wrote: It's kinda the teams fault.  We all knew he was a headcase. And over thinker. Etc.. 

This org was utterly obsessed with him throwing that 2-seamer all the time and pitching to.contact.   well, he had some success and he had some failures.   Mostly he was injured all the time.

He didn't fit into the cookiecutter blueprint.  For some reason, they wouldn't let him come off the 2-seamer.  It's hard to say what would have happened, but I was fine with salary dumping him.   He had so many chances and couldn't stay healthy.

Unfortunately we salary dumped him for a ghost man.   Had it been for a bonafide human pitcher, would have been cool.
That's what I always thought. It seemed they were forcing him to throw that 2 seamer. He always had fantastic movement on his pitches. He did have some success but never consistent enough.
INbuc

Morton, Glasnow

Post by INbuc »

29283322347473470 wrote: It's kinda the teams fault.  We all knew he was a headcase. And over thinker. Etc.. 

This org was utterly obsessed with him throwing that 2-seamer all the time and pitching to.contact.   well, he had some success and he had some failures.   Mostly he was injured all the time.

He didn't fit into the cookiecutter blueprint.  For some reason, they wouldn't let him come off the 2-seamer.  It's hard to say what would have happened, but I was fine with salary dumping him.   He had so many chances and couldn't stay healthy.

Unfortunately we salary dumped him for a ghost man.   Had it been for a bonafide human pitcher, would have been cool.
That's what I always thought. It seemed they were forcing him to throw that 2 seamer. He always had fantastic movement on his pitches. He did have some success but never consistent enough.
Morton just gave up the only run of the game to the Dodgers thus far, but the array of pitches he threw that inning was absolutely wicked....including a couple at 99 with big movement.
IABucFan

Morton, Glasnow

Post by IABucFan »

Personally, I was never as down on Morton as others were. I always thought he kind of got a bad rap. For me, he was just what I would want in a #4 starter...a guy who might get rocked, but might be lights out. He was great in Game 4 of the 2013 NLDS. Wacha was just a little bit better.
INbuc

Morton, Glasnow

Post by INbuc »

Dominating. Morton just laid down four outstanding innings. Great for him. His stuff was not only highly effective, it was just fun to watch.
skinnyhorse

Morton, Glasnow

Post by skinnyhorse »

434B487F694C6B640A0 wrote: Personally, I was never as down on Morton as others were. I always thought he kind of got a bad rap. For me, he was just what I would want in a #4 starter...a guy who might get rocked, but might be lights out. He was great in Game 4 of the 2013 NLDS. Wacha was just a little bit better.
I would say it was a failure of CH and RS, trying to change his pitching style. I remember him as being one of the most frustrating pitchers I every saw. He would pitch great for a couple of innings and then he couldn't get anyone out and the other team would score 8 runs before CH woke up and removed him, but game was over. This was his MO throughout his tenure in the Burg. I never saw him through 97 MPH for us.
SammyKhalifa

Morton, Glasnow

Post by SammyKhalifa »

273F3D3A3A2D3C3B262731540 wrote:

I would say it was a failure of CH

there's a shock