June 8 verses Fish

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

June 8 verses Fish

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1D3F2C313237303F1C2B3D3D315E0 wrote: I know this is a broken record, but this is yet another example why I (and others) was begging for the Pirates to go out this past offseason and SPEND MONEY to acquire at least two more proven, legitimate starters.

At the very least, one more.
Bobster21

June 8 verses Fish

Post by Bobster21 »

They said they would spend money when the time was right. Well, the time just hasn't been right. Not when they had a 98-win season and just needed a little more to get past the WC game. Not when they needed a 4th and 5th starter. Not when they needed a stronger bench. Not when they lost both Kang and Marte. Hey, let's be patient. The time just hasn't been right.

notes34

June 8 verses Fish

Post by notes34 »

:D
skinnyhorse

June 8 verses Fish

Post by skinnyhorse »

62505C5C487A59505D585750310 wrote: This is far fetched but I wonder if Cole is doing this on purpose so he will get traded.  I really couldn't blame him except I can't stand anyone that doesn't give their all no matter what the situation.  Everyone has to be dishearted by Hurdles incompetence, including me.  If we had won the previous 2 games as we should have the outlook would be completely different. 

That would be about the stupidest thing he could possibly do if he wants to get traded. 

Believe it or not, not everything is Clint Hurdle's fault. 

Let's see if your Cole he get's traded to Washington, he turns his season around they go to the world series and pitches extremely well, he's still under old contract but your set up to sign a multi year mega deal.

If he stays with the Pirates pitches into the 7th inning with a 1 run lead or is down by 1-0 in several games and ends up with a 5 and 17 record, which one of these scenario's gives him the best chance to sign a mega deal.

And yes I believe most of the Pirates woes could be cured by having a manager who tries to win every game.

I agree with previous posters the only way to salvage this season was to fire CH about 15 games ago.
SammyKhalifa

June 8 verses Fish

Post by SammyKhalifa »

746C6E69697E6F68757462070 wrote: This is far fetched but I wonder if Cole is doing this on purpose so he will get traded.  I really couldn't blame him except I can't stand anyone that doesn't give their all no matter what the situation.  Everyone has to be dishearted by Hurdles incompetence, including me.  If we had won the previous 2 games as we should have the outlook would be completely different. 

That would be about the stupidest thing he could possibly do if he wants to get traded. 

Believe it or not, not everything is Clint Hurdle's fault. 

Let's see if your Cole he get's traded to Washington, he turns his season around they go to the world series and pitches extremely well, he's still under old contract but your set up to sign a multi year mega deal. 

If he stays with the Pirates pitches into the 7th inning with a 1 run lead or is down by 1-0 in several games and ends up with a 5 and 17 record, which one of these scenario's gives him the best chance to sign a mega deal. 

And yes I believe most of the Pirates woes could be cured by having a manager who tries to win every game.

I agree with previous posters the only way to salvage this season was to fire CH about 15 games ago.
But if he continues doing bad he is less likely to be traded.

Just not sure that sabotaging himself is the best course of action for accomplishing any goals he might have.