JimBenedict

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

JimBenedict

Post by Bobster21 »

In the NL, the Marlins were 13th in ERA (4.82) and WHIP (1.440), 8th in hits per innings, 14th in walks per innings, 15th in Ks vs walks. But Benedict was there only 2 years. Not enough time to have an impact and turn things around. The firing was less about performance and more about the new ownership firing Benedict and 3 other team VPs in order to bring their own people in.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

JimBenedict

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Anyone know what Benedict actually does or did for the Pirates? Is he in the video room? Is he on the field? I don't recall ever seeing a video or picture with him and a pitcher practicing/talking.

To me, Searage was getting a lot of credit and then all of the sudden, Benedict was mentioned as the main man behind the scene. Just curious, but I love the idea of these gurus.
OrlandoMerced

JimBenedict

Post by OrlandoMerced »

7F747C7075746F2A2C5B627A7374743578741B0 wrote: Anyone know what Benedict actually does or did for the Pirates?  Is he in the video room?  Is he on the field?  I don't recall ever seeing a video or picture with him and a pitcher practicing/talking.

To me, Searage was getting a lot of credit and then all of the sudden, Benedict was mentioned as the main man behind the scene.  Just curious, but I love the idea of these gurus. 

From what I understood, he worked closely with guys making offseason mechanical adjustments. He did a lot with Charlie Morton.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

JimBenedict

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Huntington said in a Post Gazette interview/article that he was looking into bringing back Benedict and Marc Delpiano. He said it is very early in the process.
fjk090852-7

JimBenedict

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw on MLB Trade Rumors that Benedict joined the Cubs front office staff.