Piratefest Announced Today

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

08212E3B3C0A362A232E3C274F0 wrote: With attendance down and TV ratings down, maybe they want a new location to make it difficult to compare crowd sizes.

You don't think they are just trying to save rent of a hall?

Nah...

I see what you're doing there but it's probably more money to open up the place and call back your workers to concession/security, etc. for one day than it would be to use the facility already functioning.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Is it only one day too?

I always thought that Piratefest could be better. The 1994 All Star Game events at the Convention center was awesome. I always thought the Pirates should do that every year. Of course, that was a MLB event, not Pirates.

Now, it is just stupid games for the kids where everyone wins and player autographs. I enjoy the discussions with the players (not fan questions to the players), but they never go into detail with their approaches, strategies. Every answer just talks up a teammate. I enjoy Ask Management, but you get a lot of stupid questions too. I know, it is what it is. But not much to see or do for adults. I only go to keep my ticket contacts in place. I feel it is a chore as every team does this event. It could be much, much more considering they need fans.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I didn't go to the one in 94, but the 2006 ASG thing at the convention center was super fun.