Six Games Left

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Six Games Left

Post by MaineBucs »

Well --- only 6 games to go in 2017. I expected (or at least hoped) for so much more.

Sadly, 2017 is not yet just another year without a championship or play-off baseball, it is a year in which it appears that the team and franchise is regressing and becoming even less competitive. Frankly, it is hard to feel much enthusiasm for 2018 and beyond at this point.

While I don't expect it - actually expect just the opposite - I am hoping for some bold moves this off-season. Perhaps it is time to resurrect the IRATE fans protest.
CarolinaBucco

Six Games Left

Post by CarolinaBucco »

"I am hoping for some bold off-season moves."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's a good one ...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Six Games Left

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Manny Machado should be shown a good time in Pittsburgh this week. Groove him some fastballs so he likes hitting at PNC Park.
Bobster21

Six Games Left

Post by Bobster21 »

757E767A7F7E652026516870797E7E3F727E110 wrote: Manny Machado should be shown a good time in Pittsburgh this week.  Groove him some fastballs so he likes hitting at PNC Park.
Yes, when Machado becomes a free agent in another year, estimates are he will get about 300 million. Second only to Bryce Harper who figures to get about 400 million. Can you see Nutting signing that check? :D :D :D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Six Games Left

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

123F32232435226261500 wrote: Manny Machado should be shown a good time in Pittsburgh this week.  Groove him some fastballs so he likes hitting at PNC Park.
Yes, when Machado becomes a free agent in another year, estimates are he will get about 300 million. Second only to Bryce Harper who figures to get about 400 million. Can you see Nutting signing that check?  :D :D :D

Orioles might be trading him this off season. The Pirates could have all year to negotiate with him. Or should the Pirates go after Harper? I'm on the fence on who to pursue. Ugh!
Aaron

Six Games Left

Post by Aaron »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote:

Orioles might be trading him this off season.  The Pirates could have all year to negotiate with him.  Or should the Pirates go after Harper?  I'm on the fence on who to pursue.  Ugh!

Good post or best post ever?
Bobster21

Six Games Left

Post by Bobster21 »

7B5B4855543A0 wrote:

Orioles might be trading him this off season.  The Pirates could have all year to negotiate with him.  Or should the Pirates go after Harper?  I'm on the fence on who to pursue.  Ugh!

Good post or best post ever?
I say we sign 'em both! I've been receiving psychic vibes that Harper and Machado are both harboring secret desires to become Pittsburgh Pirates. I think they would even sign for minimum salary.
johnfluharty

Six Games Left

Post by johnfluharty »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: Manny Machado should be shown a good time in Pittsburgh this week.  Groove him some fastballs so he likes hitting at PNC Park.
Yes, when Machado becomes a free agent in another year, estimates are he will get about 300 million. Second only to Bryce Harper who figures to get about 400 million. Can you see Nutting signing that check?  :D :D :D

Why settle for just one of the two? :D
BenM

Six Games Left

Post by BenM »

2C292E28202A332E2734323F460 wrote: Manny Machado should be shown a good time in Pittsburgh this week.  Groove him some fastballs so he likes hitting at PNC Park.

Why settle for just one of the two?  :D

Because we are going to sign Moustakas. We don't need two third basemen!
mouse

Six Games Left

Post by mouse »

Harper, I think, is an outfielder. Rendon maybe is third base for the Nats. And we all know what a competitive devil that Nutting is--who knows, he may just go for this idea.