Cole . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Cole . . .

Post by DemDog »

Okay guys can we lay off Cole after his heroic performance against the Pirate killer last place Reds tonite. Going 7 shutout innings and providing all the offense he needed tonite with his 6th inning solo HR. I ask that we do this for 24 hrs as a celebration of Cole's 1st win against the Reds. After than heck go a head and bash him all you want. Now that I have said that lets all ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CarolinaBucco

Cole . . .

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Yes, let's celebrate Cole for FINALLY beating the Reds after about 100 tries.

No, seriously, an incredible -- and historic -- performance by the Cole Train tonight. Happy for him.

Meanwhile, still very frustrated by the Pirates. Yes, we won tonight (thanks to one man), but why on earth is this team so rotten vs. the Reds? Last night a garbage Reds pitcher struck out the first 6 batters of the game and 10 total. Tonight, our position players accounted for ZERO runs against Reds pitching.

And tomorrow it gets even worse ... the Reds are calling up some guy to make his major league debut, and we all know what that means.

The Reds are now 46-72 against teams not named the Pirates.

Yet somehow the Pirates are 3-9 vs. the Reds.

If the Pirates were 9-3 vs. the Reds instead (doesn't seem like too much to ask), they would be just 2 games out 1st place.

SO. FRUSTRATING.
Bobster21

Cole . . .

Post by Bobster21 »

I remember when Cole was first called up from AAA. He arrived a day before he was added to the roster and watched the game from the stands with his parents. In his first start his parents were interviewed and said that as he watched the game with them, he commented that he was concerned about being able to hit well enough against MLB pitching. It was funny because he seemed more concerned about batting than pitching. Nice to see him get his 3rd MLB HR, and a game winner at that!
Bobster21

Cole . . .

Post by Bobster21 »

Cole's 3 RBIs ties him with Chris Stewart. Stewart is also tied in RBIs with Tyler Glasnow.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole . . .

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: I remember when Cole was first called up from AAA. He arrived a day before he was added to the roster and watched the game from the stands with his parents. In his first start his parents were interviewed and said that as he watched the game with them, he commented that he was concerned about being able to hit well enough against MLB pitching. It was funny because he seemed more concerned about batting than pitching. Nice to see him get his 3rd MLB HR, and a game winner at that! 

His first MLB at bat was an RBI hit. His debut was the second best game I ever attended at PNC Park. The atmosphere and hype was lived up to on a Tuesday night.
SCBucco

Cole . . .

Post by SCBucco »

53727A537870170 wrote: Okay guys can we lay off Cole after his heroic performance against the Pirate killer last place Reds tonite.  Going 7 shutout innings and providing all the offense he needed tonite with his 6th inning solo HR. I ask that we do this for 24 hrs as a celebration of Cole's 1st win against the Reds.  After than heck go a head and bash him all you want.  Now that I have said that lets all  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's not my style to let up. He did well. That is what he is paid to do. He did good. Maybe on off days, we can have him pinch hit since he is a better hitter then some we trot out.
IABucFan

Cole . . .

Post by IABucFan »

Does this make up for the Yovani Gallardo game? I think YG threw a complete game 1-0 shutout where he too hit a HR.
rucker59@gmail.com

Cole . . .

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

It's nice Cole pitched a good game. Unfortunately it comes in a meaningless game. So it's pretty much "who cares" for me.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole . . .

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Possum, at least people waited until today for you before they start getting on Cole.