Mercer post game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Mercer post game

Post by Bobster21 »

I really liked what Mercer did in his post game interview. Whoever Robbie Incmkowski interviews always gets doused with the water cooler as if they had just been the star of a WS victory. But not today. Mercer told his teammates not to do that. He noted that altho he homered he also struck out with the bases loaded and added "That should be for special occasions. We get carried away with that stuff." Mercer gets it. A random win in a lost season is nice but not cause for great celebration. The players need to realize that it takes a lot of hard work and effort to achieve something worth celebrating. A win like this is fun but meaningless because of all the losing that preceded it. The time to celebrate wins is when you achieve enough of them to give them meaning. I hope Mercer's teammates figure that out.

On another front, another good start from Williams. Second time in last 3 starts without a run, going 8 and 7 innings. 8th QS since June 4. He gets overlooked because he's not a flamethrower. But he's a good overall pitcher. A former 2nd round draft pick. He could be a solid starter for years to come.
fjk090852-7

Mercer post game

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I too respect Mercer for what he said about getting showered by Gatorade and water. A walk off win yes, even last night when Jordan Luplow got the shower that was fine in my opinion. A big night for the rookie and that was special. This game today was a team win, by Williams, Mercer , Marte and others. No need to dump the water on anyone.
Bobster21

Mercer post game

Post by Bobster21 »

3A36376C656C64696E716B5C0 wrote: I too respect Mercer for what he said about getting showered by Gatorade and water.  A walk off win yes, even last night when Jordan Luplow got the shower that was fine in my opinion. A big night for the rookie and that was special. This game today was a team win, by Williams, Mercer , Marte and others. No need to dump the water on anyone.
Yes, it was nice for Luplow on the nite of his 1st hit and 1st HR. Kind of a "Welcome to MLB." But for a veteran like Mercer in a meaninless game it would not have been appropriate.
SCBucco

Mercer post game

Post by SCBucco »

Have always been a fan of Mercer's.
BucsFaninGA

Mercer post game

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Mercer is the kind of player, we need to be more vocal. Proven vet with a good head on his shoulders. I am a fan of Jordy Mercer! Hope the younger players take notice and learn from him.

Beat'em Bucs 8-)
DemDog

Mercer post game

Post by DemDog »

I hope Mercer is around to tutor or mentor the next young kid we bring up to replace him. Kinda like Barmes did with Mercer.