Rules Question

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Rules Question

Post by Ecbucs »

7B70787471706B2E285F667E777070317C701F0 wrote: That's another question.  How much time do they have to touch home plate?

Maybe girls shouldn't go to home plate and wait in the dugout?  How is that not showing up the pitcher?  It was the third inning.

At first I didn't think they should have been allowed to tag  her since the ball was hit over the fence.  She should either score by touching the plate or abandon the run by going into the dugout or having the next batter bat. (I guess she would be in the dugout when next batter entered the box anyway.) 

However, if she had missed first, second or third the other team would be able to appeal so home plate is being treated the same.
johnfluharty

Rules Question

Post by johnfluharty »

58535B575253480D0B7C455D545353125F533C0 wrote: That's another question.  How much time do they have to touch home plate?

Maybe girls shouldn't go to home plate and wait in the dugout?  How is that not showing up the pitcher?  It was the third inning.

Agreed. That kind of celebration on the field mid-game should not be allowed.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Rules Question

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4A6C6D7A6C7C0F0 wrote: That's another question.  How much time do they have to touch home plate?

At first I didn't think they should have been allowed to tag  her since the ball was hit over the fence.  She should either score by touching the plate or abandon the run by going into the dugout or having the next batter bat. (I guess she would be in the dugout when next batter entered the box anyway.) 

However, if she had missed first, second or third the other team would be able to appeal so  home plate is being treated the same.

It is still very strange to me. How much time do they have to touch home plate? The tag is confusing too. What if the umpire didn't put the new ball in play yet? The new batter wasn't announced, the pitcher wasn't on the mound ready to pitch. It was a continuous play and the girl was tagged out on a homerun.