Pirates v Blue Jays Game Two

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

45606363765D60686A7D0F0 wrote: Swinging bunt and Jays score two more runs. I figured they would  score off Benoit. He is not very good!
Need more Schugel less Benoit
I agree with you. I would release Benoit and recall one of the pitchers at AAA. I still don't understand why they traded for Benoit.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

525E5F040D040C01061903340 wrote: Swinging bunt and Jays score two more runs. I figured they would  score off Benoit. He is not very good!
Need more Schugel less Benoit
I agree with you. I would release Benoit and recall one of the pitchers at AAA. I still don't understand why they traded for Benoit.
I don't understand why they released Marinez instead of Benoit.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

And right back under .500. That didn't take long.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Just an awful game. HUGE disappointment.

rucker59@gmail.com

6A485B46454047486B5C4A4A46290 wrote: And now Polanco leaves with a hamstring ... AGAIN.

I wonder if the Pirates would consider, oh, I don't know, maybe ACQUIRING AN OUTFIELDER since we never seem to have more than 1 healthy one available every game?

I think they should dig up a middling A ball pitcher and trade him to the Mets for Bruce. Oops, my bad. Why would we even talk about something so ridiculous - we don't need another OFer on this team! Besides, where would we come up with cash to pick up his Remaining contract of $5M?
rucker59@gmail.com

60674B5C4A290 wrote: This game got off track for a few reasons, but I would hope in the future if Frazier and SRod are in the game at the same time, SRod is in the infield and Frazier is in the outfield.   I think SRod would have completed the double play on the play Frazier made an error on.

Hey INbuc - welcome aboard!
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Thanks Va! I have been stalking the board for 8 or 9 years (I'm a little slow) and I finally pulled the trigger. I'm eying Facebook in the next decade or so. It is obvious there are some great Pirate fans on this board and you are clearly one of them. Glad to be here and hope the Bucs can find a way to get beyond their sticking point this year too.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

7671676F6176313D446369656D682A676B69040 wrote: And now Polanco leaves with a hamstring ... AGAIN.

I wonder if the Pirates would consider, oh, I don't know, maybe ACQUIRING AN OUTFIELDER since we never seem to have more than 1 healthy one available every game?

I think they should dig up a middling A ball pitcher and trade him to the Mets for Bruce.   Oops, my bad.  Why would we even talk about something so ridiculous - we don't need another OFer on this team!  Besides, where would we come up with cash to pick up his Remaining contract of $5M?

As they say.......Cleveland Rocks!
rucker59@gmail.com

07002C3B2D4E0 wrote: Thanks Va!   I have been stalking the board for 8 or 9 years  (I'm a little slow) and I finally pulled the trigger. I'm eying Facebook in the next decade or so.   It is obvious there are some great Pirate fans on this board and you are clearly one of them.   Glad to be here and hope the Bucs can find a way to get beyond their sticking point this year too.

8 years! That means you've got all of us figured out!!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

686F79717F682F235A7D777B7376347975771A0 wrote: Thanks Va!   I have been stalking the board for 8 or 9 years  (I'm a little slow) and I finally pulled the trigger. I'm eying Facebook in the next decade or so.   It is obvious there are some great Pirate fans on this board and you are clearly one of them.   Glad to be here and hope the Bucs can find a way to get beyond their sticking point this year too.

8 years!  That means you've got all of us figured out!!
INbuc, don't rush into anything willy-nilly. :)