The Cubs lost.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

The Cubs lost.

Post by SammyKhalifa »

012D2522290E392F3F4C0 wrote: While I am happy that the Cubs will not be a World Series Champ two years in a row, I take no joy in the fact that it was the Dodgers who eliminated them this year, and even worse, who will now be in the Series.  The Dodgers simply can outspend everyone. 

You mean you're not excited about potential Dodgers-Yankees matchup???

:-/
dogknot17@yahoo.co

The Cubs lost.

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

547870777C5B6C7A6A190 wrote: While I am happy that the Cubs will not be a World Series Champ two years in a row, I take no joy in the fact that it was the Dodgers who eliminated them this year, and even worse, who will now be in the Series.  The Dodgers simply can outspend everyone. 

With respect to the Cubs' young players, if players like Baez and Russell are problems, I would love for the Pirates to be experiencing the same type of problems.   While Baez strikes out way too much, his versatility, speed, defense and power are all assets.  Russell too features power and defense.  Baez and Russell on the left side of the infield would be good additions to the Pirates. 

The Dodgers took 29 years in between their WS appearances even with all of their money. You still need that young core to build around. That is the main reason why the Dodgers won this year and the Cubs last year.
Ecbucs

The Cubs lost.

Post by Ecbucs »

6C676F6366677C393F487169606767266B67080 wrote: While I am happy that the Cubs will not be a World Series Champ two years in a row, I take no joy in the fact that it was the Dodgers who eliminated them this year, and even worse, who will now be in the Series.  The Dodgers simply can outspend everyone. 

With respect to the Cubs' young players, if players like Baez and Russell are problems, I would love for the Pirates to be experiencing the same type of problems.   While Baez strikes out way too much, his versatility, speed, defense and power are all assets.  Russell too features power and defense.  Baez and Russell on the left side of the infield would be good additions to the Pirates. 

The Dodgers took 29 years in between their WS appearances even with all of their money.  You still need that young core to build around.  That is the main reason why the Dodgers won this year and the Cubs last year.

yeah, who knows but if Pedro Alvarez would have been equal to Kris Bryant the Pirates might have won a World Series by now.