Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Left field-Gregory Polanco

Post by IABucFan »

Thoughts?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Hoping his shoulder injury does not linger. Should be a productive hitter otherwise. But he scares me in the OF. Rarely looks comfortable out there. Often looks awkward going for the ball. And now he's got a lot more ground to cover.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I agree with Bobster's concerns about Polanco's defense. His gangly frame makes him appear a bit awkward at times in the field.

With his size, speed, a year and a half of MLB experience, and a short right field porch at PNC Park I expected him to have a breakout year with power in the 30-35 HR range last season. Didn't happen. Maybe in 2017.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I'm just hoping the shoulder injury really is mild. I'd hate to have him struggle for two month due to constant shoulder discomfort then end up missing two or three more months due to surgery.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I expect a break out season at the plate. I always questioned his defense. I am not sure how I feel about him going to LF. Yeah, he can throw. But he needs to catch the ball first.

His bat can be very special. His base running can be very special too. He is an exciting player who should be in the middle of the line up.