Stewart Starting Again Tonight

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Stewart started last night,and he is in the lineup again tonight. Have I missed something regarding the status of Cervelli? I know he is not on the DL, but did he get an injury to keep him out of the lineup?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Haven't heard anything but the Pirates were very late to post their lineup tonight so they must've been waiting on someone's (Cervelli's?) status.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I recall at one point Hurdle saying he liked to give people two days rest, so maybe it's something like that.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I'm beginning to think Kuhl might have a legit future.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Kuhl has that dreaded sixth inning coming up. Stay tuned. Through five he has been very good.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jaso got a hit. The bench went nuts.

Kuhl got through seven.

Marte is 3-3.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Finally!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Outstanding effort from Kuhl tonight. Much better effort all around for the team. It helps to get multiple runners on base in innings. First inning hits by Marte and Frazier allowed Marte to take an extra base, draw a bad throw, score and let Frazier take 3B on the throw. Too often lately a leadoff hit has resulted in being stranded at 1B (if not picked off) :). Even Jaso gets a hit and Marte gets 3.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Can McCutchen break his grand slam streak?

He is approaching the record for most at bats with the bases loaded with no grand slam.

*Edit*

Joe Block said McCutchen hasn't had an extra base hit with the bases loaded since June 2012. Is that right? Wow.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

474C44484D4C571214635A424B4C4C0D404C230 wrote: Can McCutchen break his grand slam streak?

He is approaching the record for most at bats with the bases loaded with no grand slam.
I'm guessing whenever Cutch leaves the Pirates, he'll hit a GS in his first AB with the new team. ;)