ChitownBucco

Potential Free Agents

Post by ChitownBucco »

Dang Possum was a bit rough on the guy in this thread

hope we can have a nice off season
dmetz

Potential Free Agents

Post by dmetz »

55676B6B7F4D6E676A6F6067060 wrote: "Earlier tonight, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reported that teams have come away from initial talks with J.D. Martinez’s camp that he’s seeking a $200MM deal, and Crasnick now tweets that clubs are under the impression that free-agent right fielder Jay Bruce is seeking $80-90MM over a five-year term."

Yay or nay?

My first thought is that Crasnick needs to find a new profession if he believes the above. I'd be surprised to see a 5/60 with Bruce, let alone that.

Bobster21

Potential Free Agents

Post by Bobster21 »

4F464E5F512B0 wrote: "Earlier tonight, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reported that teams have come away from initial talks with J.D. Martinez’s camp that he’s seeking a $200MM deal, and Crasnick now tweets that clubs are under the impression that free-agent right fielder Jay Bruce is seeking $80-90MM over a five-year term."

Yay or nay?

My first thought is that Crasnick needs to find a new profession if he believes the above.    I'd be surprised to see a 5/60 with Bruce, let alone that.

Nothing to stop Bruce from seeking 80-90 mil over 5 years. In fact, I'm seeking the same deal. Not holding my breath though, and I don't think Bruce should either.
SammyKhalifa

Potential Free Agents

Post by SammyKhalifa »

that's what i was thinking at first too, but there's always the chance (albeit small :)) that I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
INbuc

Potential Free Agents

Post by INbuc »

624F42535445521211200 wrote: "Earlier tonight, ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reported that teams have come away from initial talks with J.D. Martinez’s camp that he’s seeking a $200MM deal, and Crasnick now tweets that clubs are under the impression that free-agent right fielder Jay Bruce is seeking $80-90MM over a five-year term."

Yay or nay?

My first thought is that Crasnick needs to find a new profession if he believes the above.    I'd be surprised to see a 5/60 with Bruce, let alone that.

Nothing to stop Bruce from seeking 80-90 mil over 5 years. In fact, I'm seeking the same deal. Not holding my breath though, and I don't think Bruce should either. 

Along the same lines wasn't Nova "seeking" $70M over 5 years before he agreed to $26M for 3 years?
mouse

Potential Free Agents

Post by mouse »

Historically, free agents wanted deals by Christmas, if at all possible. Demands won't get reasonable until closer to that time. Often there is one big star who sets the market, and once he signs the rest fall in line.