What Will NH do first this offseason?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

RichD

Post by RichD »

Maybe Neal goes for the lefty Danks.. I cant see that .

Get him for 3 mill and he is the #5 . Then we hope for a rebound.
RichD

Post by RichD »

655E545F73370 wrote: Maybe Neal goes for the lefty Danks.. I cant see that .

Get him for 3 mill and he is the #5 . Then we hope for a rebound.

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

John Danks of the CWS would not be a bad move. He definitely was on Bucs radar in the past according to rumor mill. 8-)
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This off season has been awful. We keep reading how other teams sign a free agent or even a couple minor league free agents, but nothing from the Pirates. I would be shocked if there is not some type of signing before Christmas.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

343839626B626A67607F65520 wrote: This off season has been awful. We keep reading how other teams sign a free agent or even a couple minor league free agents, but nothing from the Pirates.  I would be shocked if there is not some type of signing before Christmas.

I'm glad I don't sell season tickets for the Pirates.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think this has been one of the slowest off seasons that I can remember, and I have been following the Bucs since the 1960s. We hired a couple scouts today so I guess that is some news, but it is not player acquisition which this team needs to compete in 2017.
Quail

Post by Quail »

On the bright side we didn't trade Cutch and a couple of good prospects for something resembling Jon Niese and Drew Hutchison. Sometimes the moves you don't make end up being the best ones.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I just think they need one position, that's why it has been slow. Huntington said they have been in talks with 8-12 pitchers.

They did get a new coaching staff. That's good meaning changes will happen.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Looking at their AA and AAA level pitchers, they have a bunch that are ready to break through. That can't seem to encouraging to a free agent thinking of signing here. Unless it's someone looking for a one-year, rehabilitate his market sort of deal, he would be concerned about getting traded in a year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

74766C6A7C190 wrote: Looking at their AA and AAA level pitchers, they have a bunch that are ready to break through. That can't seem to encouraging to a free agent thinking of signing here. Unless it's someone looking for a one-year, rehabilitate his market sort of deal, he would be concerned about getting traded in a year.

I wonder if that does come into play? I remember Marlon Byrd saying he wouldn't sign with the Pirates after 2013 because of Polanco.