June 13 game. Which Cole shows up?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6269616D6869723731467F676E6969286569060 wrote: Mercer didn't receive the ball like there was going to be a play at the plate.

Frazier got the ball into second assuming Story wouldn't run. Mercer received the ball thinking the same thing.

It was a heads up play by the Rockies, but they won't get away with it again any time soon. Story was great by running hard the whole time.
yeo, next time he is out by a mile.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

You guys are just going crazy over a 4 game streak... Lol
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

454C44555B210 wrote: You guys are just going crazy over a 4 game streak...  Lol
Well, Hurdle sure put a stop to that last night. Puts Freese and Mercer on the bench and they score 1 run. Gotta rest those players all season so they can be fresh when they watch the post season on TV.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Ha ha...

Win four games in a row "this team can really do this, they can win the division"

Lose one "this team stinks, how can they compete with this roster"
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: You guys are just going crazy over a 4 game streak...  Lol
Well, Hurdle sure put a stop to that last night. Puts Freese and Mercer on the bench and they score 1 run. Gotta rest those players all season so they can be fresh when they watch the post season on TV.

Maybe but their replacements were responsible for a third of the Pirate hits
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4A7874746052717875707F78190 wrote: You guys are just going crazy over a 4 game streak...  Lol

Maybe but their replacements were responsible for a third of the Pirate hits

True. On the other hand, we'll never know what Freese and Mercer, both of who have been hitting very well, might have added to the offense. Or if batters in front of those two would have been pitched differently. The Bucs had been hitting well and winning. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And they all get a rest today anyway.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I like the way freese has been going for sure. I won't rule out that there is something going on behind the scenes that's the reason why he sat. He's coming off the DL after all.

The move (or lack of) I would question though is the continued usage of Polanco in the 3 hole. I think one of the managing criticisms that I put a little more stock into than others is that they're being overly patient before making changes. I understand giving time to let things work out but I'd be faster on the trigger.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I agree that it's past time to move Polanco to another slot. Maybe put him 6th and Cutch 3rd.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

282D2A2C242E372A2330363B420 wrote: I agree that it's past time to move Polanco to another slot.  Maybe put him 6th and Cutch 3rd. 
I think the Pirates need to just skip the "3" spot in the order. Who ever has been there has not been good. Cutch, Bell, Polanco...
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

31010D16160B0C2F031111620 wrote: I agree that it's past time to move Polanco to another slot.  Maybe put him 6th and Cutch 3rd. 
I think the Pirates need to just skip the "3" spot in the order. Who ever has been there has not been good. Cutch, Bell, Polanco...

Let's bat the pitcher 3rd. Then we're pretty likely to have the best-hitting #9 spot in the NL.