4/25 Game Thread Cole versus Cubbies...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Speedloader88

Post by Speedloader88 »

1. I wish this site had a "Like" feature to interact with posts you appreciate.

2. Watching this team reminds me of soooo many teams I watched for the 20 years or so after 1992. Yuck! Hapless
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Another well pitched game. Thank you Kang and Marte for letting this team down by being out of the lineup due to your stupidity.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Disgusting loss tonight to give up just 2 hits and 1 run scored on an error and still lose 1-0. The Pirates are now 0-5 at PNC Patk this season against the Cubs and Reds. Tomorrow's game now becomes a little more important now to avoid getting swept by the Cubs and giving back that sweep you had at Wrigley last week. Anybody who still thinks this is a playoff team needs their head examined.
Speedloader88

Post by Speedloader88 »

I was thinking earlier that had I been a season ticket holder, I would consider a media blitz to get my money back as the tickets would have been purchased under the supposition that Marte and Kang would be playing. I know it's ridiculous, but had I bought tickets thinking the team would be competitive and wound up with the dung heap I would be ticked!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates are an unbelievable 0-11 now on games played Monday thru Thursday during the week. Has there ever been something like this that has happened to a team in April to start the season where they lose every single game they played during the week for the entire month?? If they lose tomorrow they will have accomplished just that.
PMike

Post by PMike »

1F22253F22254B0 wrote: I'm serious when I say that if we have a man on third with less than two outs, we should squeeze every time.

What we're doing now isn't working.

+1

I suggested this last week during another game, late.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4D6A7B7F7A67586C7B7A7A671E0 wrote: How bad could Freese be hurting?? I mean they just had an off day last Thursday and have another one coming up this Thursday. I mean we are only 20 games into the season for crying out loud guys shouldn't be tired yet at all. I don't buy that excuse.

Hurt or hurting is different than being tired. I don't know for sure, but sure looks that way.

The Pirates beat themselves tonight. The Cubs didn't win that game on their own. They were out hit and out pitched. One bad play by Hanson cost the game. Hanson was up twice with runners in scoring position and flew out and couldn't put the ball in play.

Cole with his fourth quality start in a row.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

616A626E6B6A713432457C646D6A6A2B666A050 wrote: How bad could Freese be hurting?? I mean they just had an off day last Thursday and have another one coming up this Thursday. I mean we are only 20 games into the season for crying out loud guys shouldn't be tired yet at all. I don't buy that excuse.

Hurt or hurting is different than being tired. I don't know for sure, but sure looks that way.

The Pirates beat themselves tonight. The Cubs didn't win that game on their own. They were out hit and out pitched. One bad play by Hanson cost the game. Hanson was up twice with runners in scoring position and flew out and couldn't put the ball in play.

Cole with his fourth quality start in a row. Get ready for a lot more of these losses this year that's gonna eventually add up to 90 when all is said and done.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

30170602071A25110607071A630 wrote: How bad could Freese be hurting?? I mean they just had an off day last Thursday and have another one coming up this Thursday. I mean we are only 20 games into the season for crying out loud guys shouldn't be tired yet at all. I don't buy that excuse.

Cole with his fourth quality start in a row. Get ready for a lot more of these losses this year that's gonna eventually add up to 90 when all is said and done.

The Pirates losing 1-0 with an unearned run scoring has happened four times in the last 50 years. 1984 was the last time it happened before tonight. I do not expect a lot more of these losses.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This team is horrendous offensively.

Somehow it's even worse on defense.

That's a bad combination.

No matter how good the starting pitching is (for now), it can't overcome that.

I'm thinking 67-95.