Cutch ... FINALLY

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

How did he get removed from the game?

Is that an odd move for someone who is expected back at least based on his contract?
Bobster21

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by Bobster21 »

7E757D7174756E2B2D5A637B7275753479751A0 wrote: How did he get removed from the game? 

Is that an odd move for someone who is expected back at least based on his contract?
Good question. It may have been nothing more than Hurdle wanting Cutch to feel the fan appreciation after a career-best game. But it could also be Hurdle feeling unsure if Cutch will be back next year and wanting him to feel the fan appreciation after a career-best game in what could be his next to last game as a Pirate at home.
mouse

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by mouse »

It was a move to honor him. He went out to the field, then Hurdle made the substitution, allowing him to walk off to a standing ovation.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch ... FINALLY

735E53424554430300310 wrote: How did he get removed from the game? 

Good question. It may have been nothing more than Hurdle wanting Cutch to feel the fan appreciation after a career-best game. But it could also be Hurdle feeling unsure if Cutch will be back next year and wanting him to feel the fan appreciation after a career-best game in what could be his next to last game as a Pirate at home.

The Orioles gave JJ Hardy his moment the other night knowing he won't be back (probably buy him out).

Maybe I am looking into it too much, but I am headed to the game tonight (free tickets) just in case this is McCutchen's last home game.

(...and of course to see the tribute to Pedro assuming he gets to play tonight)

SammyKhalifa

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Swan Song?

:'(
fjk090852-7

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by fjk090852-7 »

192B27273301222B26232C2B4A0 wrote: Swan Song?

:'(
I don't think this season is a swan song for Cutch. I am sure the Bucs will exercise the option for Cutch this offseason. I still believe either Marte or Polanco will be traded over the winter. Frazier will fill the outfield position which will be open once either player is traded.
mouse

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by mouse »

I'm sure they will exercise the option. Otherwise he's a free agent almost right away. But I'm guessing they trade him for what they can get. They just can't lose that asset value for nothing in return. Cutch's performance here at the end of the year only only enhances his trade value.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch ... FINALLY

I think the option will be exercised with the chance of him being traded before the season starts. I assume they have to declare the option decision pretty quickly after the season.

I would offer McCutchen four years at $70 million.
johnfluharty

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by johnfluharty »

There's no chance he signs for 4 years. He's going to want 6 or 7 at least.
DemDog

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by DemDog »

$70 million. No way Dog. You still have not learned. He will and should get $20 million a year. His market value to the Buccos and your view is jaded by the ideas of TBMTIMLB.