Any Penguin Fans Out There?

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Glad you enjoyed it with your wife. No better way to enjoy a Pens victory and a come from behind one to boot that with the wife.

My wife enjoyed going to game with me when I had tix. She actually got to understand some of the game. But like baseball she does not like to watch on tv for very long. Take her to the game and she is riveted to watching the action.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Well the 2017 season certainly ended well! The game my wife and I attended back in October amazingly foreshadowed a season that was filled with adversity, but was defined by this amazing Penguin team's resilience.

Pens become first NHL team in the salary cap era to win back to back Cups!!

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

You know Quail, the Pens have won 5 Stanley Cups since the Bucs have won a WS. And to top that off the Stillers have won 2 Super Bowls in that same time frame.
Quail

Post by Quail »

27060E270C04630 wrote: You know Quail, the Pens have won 5 Stanley Cups since the Bucs have won a WS.  And to top that off the Stillers have won 2 Super Bowls in that same time frame.

I'm guessing that there will be more Cups and Superbowl Titles for Pittsburgh before we see another WS :-[
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Been a Pens fan since the first season and Andy Bathgate, Leo Bovin, Earl Ingarfield, Ab McDonald, Ken Schinkel and former Cleveland Barons goalie, Les Binkley...
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

4671677742656A6D6A4345040 wrote: Been a Pens fan since the first season and Andy Bathgate, Leo Bovin, Earl Ingarfield, Ab McDonald, Ken Schinkel and former Cleveland Barons goalie, Les Binkley...

Geez BFIG, you are almost older than dirt like me. I was not a big fan until 1980 but I do remember talking with my hockey buddies who were season tix holders from the beginning about these guys.

Got to play golf with Schinkel in summer or 1988. He had a hockey school, even when he played for the Pens during the off-season and we both used the same accountant. The accountant and his son took me to play with Schink.

Gotta tell ya, the guy was not big by current hockey standards but boy did he have well developed calves and ankles. And he could hit a golf ball a country mile. Enjoyed the round and when I asked him about the Pens draft that year he liked Mark Recchi best. See out that turned out.