Cutch ... FINALLY

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Finally, finally, after all of these years and all of those at-bats and all of those at-bats with the bases loaded, most of which did not end well.

Cutch FINALLY gets his first career GRAND SLAM.

Very happy for him. I know that is a massive relief and a burden removed.

My only regret is that it came during a game and an at-bat that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter at all.

But still, he did it.
iabucco

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by iabucco »

I am happy for him. You could tell it meant a lot to him and hopefully he can relax with the bases loaded now.
Bobster21

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by Bobster21 »

Very happy for him.
johnfluharty

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by johnfluharty »

Loved seeing that huge smile on his face. ?
INbuc

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by INbuc »

An autopsy of the season would show the Orioles inflicted 2 mortal wounds on June 6 and 7. On the 6th, the Bucs were up 2 going into the 9th, when Tony Watson allowed 2 runs, blew the save, and the Bucs lost in the 10th. The next night the Bucs were up by 4 going to the 9th. Watson blew another save and the Bucs lost in extra innings again. Excruciating losses. As Carolina noted, it may not mean much now, but I hope we can avenge those games this week just because. Way to go Cutch.
Bobster21

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by Bobster21 »

Ok, now Cutch is just showing off. :)

Maybe he should have refused to go beyond 3B to get the cycle.
Speedloader88

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by Speedloader88 »

A real cleansing we are watching. Watching this game and McCutchen's performance feels like all of his disappointments are manifesting in a break from them all. 8 rbi's; 4 for 4; 2 home runs........ and a ceremonial removal from the ball game!!! What a great night for Andrew and for this beleaguered ball club.
Ecbucs

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by Ecbucs »

52716464656D6E606564733939010 wrote: A real cleansing we are watching.  Watching this game and McCutchen's performance feels like all of his disappointments are manifesting in a break from them all.  8 rbi's; 4 for 4; 2 home runs........ and a ceremonial removal from the ball game!!! What a great night for Andrew and for this beleaguered ball club.

great game for him and team. Don't know for certain, but I would bet this is first time he's gotten 8 rbi in a game.
johnfluharty

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by johnfluharty »

507677607666150 wrote: A real cleansing we are watching.  Watching this game and McCutchen's performance feels like all of his disappointments are manifesting in a break from them all.  8 rbi's; 4 for 4; 2 home runs........ and a ceremonial removal from the ball game!!! What a great night for Andrew and for this beleaguered ball club.

great game for him and team.  Don't know for certain, but I would bet this is first time he's gotten 8 rbi in a game.

Yep. Previous high was 6.
INbuc

Cutch ... FINALLY

Post by INbuc »

One of my coaches always preached you get out of slumps by trying to hit line drives to the opposite field. I felt Clutch spent a large part of the last two seasons trying pull the ball over the left field foul pole. I'll bet somebody who is good scanning websites could research where Cutch places his hits during his hot streaks. He was sure hot tonight.