dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/17 game: Four in a row?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

ESPN 7 PM game.

Let's get some street cred tonight.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another bad AB by Bell. I like Bell a lot and think he's going to become an outstanding hitter. But so far this young season, he seems to be consistently swinging off balance, standing straight up and swinging just with his arms close to his body. Last season, he had a very nice swing, so he needs to get that back. Early stats mean little but this is a matter of a messed up swing. If this keeps up maybe a stint back in Indy would be in order just until he gets his swing back.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Two nice plays in the 1st by Gene Alley Mercer.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nova deserves some support. Thru 6 innings: 2 hits, 1 run, no walks, 56 pitches.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Regardless of whatever happens in the 9th, what an effort from Nova. Absolutely outstanding.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

What a #@#$ decision to pinch hit Jaso. Zero hits for Jason all year. I don't get it.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

262E2D3A2C2C204F0 wrote: What a #@#$ decision to pinch hit Jaso.  Zero hits for Jason all year.  I don't get it.

Against a righty, he's a better bet than Mercer.  I suppose you could make a case for Hanson there, or maybe even Stewart, and let Jaso PH for Nova.  But given the situation and the options available, I'm ok with Jaso there.

Anyway, that was a good game.  One bad pitch to Wong, who is kind of like Billy Hamilton in that he only has an MLB job because he gets 19 games a year against the Pirates, and an error.  Heck of an effort from Nova.  I think that counts as a complete game, even though he didn't go nine.  Nice AB from Polanco in the ninth, especially given that he hasn't played in a few days.

I could get used to a game going 2:15, and that's probably even longer than it needed to be. Don't ESPN games have an extra :30 of commercials in-between innings?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I didn't like it either. Mercer tends to come through with those clutch hits more times then not. I would have rather taken my chances with him as opposed to Jaso. Hopefully we can get the next two and take the series.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I get what you are saying but I just think Mercer is more likely to get a hit than Jaso.