I watched Glasnow tonight

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Got the start at Durham.

6 IP

2 hits

1 ER

2 BB

9 Ks

The run came on a HR. Batter guessed heater on the 1st pitch and he drilled a 97 mph fastball about 400 fit. That was it.

Negative ... The stats look great, but his command was off, particularly his breaking ball. And it felt like he fell behind every hitter 2-0 and 3-1, so he was always digging out of a hole.

Positive ... His fastball was electric. Consistently 95-98, topped out at 100 a couple of times. He threw 105 pitches, and in his final inning he was still at 96, 97.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Throwing from the stretch to all time?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

All 105 pitches.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I expect him to get a start for the Pirates soon. Maybe two.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

If I recall correctly he has struggled in the playoffs in the minors in the past so this is relatively good news that he pitched well. Also, it is good that his mph is higher. I hope he does get a couple of starts and I don't care if he walks a few batters, he has to keep his fastball up there.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Also, it was nice to see Keller throw a 1 hit shutout in the playoffs for Altoona.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Glasnow needs to throw less pitches. That is a huge problem for him. Do his pitches have that much movement (like Charlie Morton) or does he not trust his stuff/defense (like Kip Wells).
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

If Glasnow has 3 or 4 decent starts at the end of this season that would be a big plus going into the 2018 season. If the team could count on Taillon, Glasnow, Brault, Nova, Kuhl and Williams that could open up the possibility of moving Cole which could bring back 2 or 3 quality players back to Pittsburgh. Since Cole has two years of control remaining after this season, this offseason may be a good time to put his name out on the trading block.