If you trade Cutch?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

If you trade Cutch?

Post by Leyland1948 »

What would you want as the main piece as a return? Power hitting third base man, hard throwing starting pitcher or another out fielder with power. Maybe one of each if he is traded but what would be your main piece in a deal as the return!
Quail

If you trade Cutch?

Post by Quail »

Except for Bell at 1B I think the Pirates will be in need of a talent infusion at every position in the foreseeable future. As such I would simply choose the deal with the best available prospect(s) that another team would offer without regard to position.
mouse

If you trade Cutch?

Post by mouse »

I agree with Quail. I think when you look for one particular position, especially major league ready, you really limit your return.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

If you trade Cutch?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

To break this down even further, are you looking for the best prospect no matter what level they are in currently or are you looking for major league ready prospects?
mouse

If you trade Cutch?

Post by mouse »

I would be looking for the best prospect no matter the level. In Meadows they have one of the best ML ready prospects out there, so I don't think you look for a replacement. You need to replenish your minor league system.
SammyKhalifa

If you trade Cutch?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Frankly I don't think the return would be that incredible anyhow.
IABucFan

If you trade Cutch?

Post by IABucFan »

4B7975756153707974717E79180 wrote: Frankly I don't think the return would be that incredible anyhow.

I agree with this. Quite honestly, though I'm of the "blow it up" mindset, I think they might get a better return by keeping him, offering him a QO, and taking the draft pick.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

If you trade Cutch?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would still try to extend him. He might never be the MVP again, but he can certainly be an above (way above) average outfielder. I kind of picture him as Ryan Braun. Braun isn't really the feared hitter he once was, but he certainly doesn't hurt the Brewers. McCutchen can be the same kind of piece like Braun now is for the Brewers.
johnfluharty

If you trade Cutch?

Post by johnfluharty »

I wonder if he would sign something around 5 years and $80M to $90M and would he be worth it. At $8M/WAR, he's quite almost guaranteed to be worth that.
Ecbucs

If you trade Cutch?

Post by Ecbucs »

616463656D677E636A797F720B0 wrote: I wonder if he would sign something around 5 years and $80M to $90M and would he be worth it.  At $8M/WAR, he's quite almost guaranteed to be worth that.

I know that Justin Upton had a great year and he is supposed to be a big plus defensively but I don't see him being worth a tremendous amount more than Cutch (Upton is one year younger)

Upton's deal is for 5 years and 106 million. Maybe Cutch could be had for 4 years and 75 or five years and 90. I can't see the Bucs going that high for him though.